Hacking Possible to dump Smash 4 cart and also use cart's save, too?

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a strange reasoning, but I've gotten kinda tired of having swap back and forth between GateWay mode and Classic mode to play games like Smash 3DS.

So I was wondering if there was a way to take my cart's save file and use it with my own cart-dumped ROM and so on.

I know that with GW 3.2.2, there's a menu option for dumping the cart to a .3DS ROM, but I'm not sure if the Backup Save Data option actually works and allows me to use it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dedChar

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I always got problems trying to use gateways save dumper.
If you have CN you could either use Ntr cfw with save data plugin (if you are on N3ds) or Pasta with savedatafiler to backup the save of your card.

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It's a strange reasoning, but I've gotten kinda tired of having swap back and forth between GateWay mode and Classic mode to play games like Smash 3DS.

So I was wondering if there was a way to take my cart's save file and use it with my own cart-dumped ROM and so on.

I know that with GW 3.2.2, there's a menu option for dumping the cart to a .3DS ROM, but I'm not sure if the Backup Save Data option actually works and allows me to use it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Very likely the save dump would not be recognized by the rom.
Gateway use another encryption method for save files.
You need to use SaveDataFiler or something like Powersave to dump the save.

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it required to use Homebrew Channel/Ninjhax to be able to run SaveDataFiler?

Or is there like a CIA version of it?

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got SaveDataFiler now.

What's the step-by-step way to make sure I get my save off the retail cart and be able to use it on a ROM? Also, would it be possible to use my save on a different region of the same game? (US save with JP ROM, for example. I hear JP version is actually all-language, too)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind, this CIA I found apparently is "invalid". :/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wouldn't booting up patched RXTools on 6.x+ sysNAND and loading up SavDataFiler work to get the decrypted save?
Should work too.
I got SaveDataFiler now.

What's the step-by-step way to make sure I get my save off the retail cart and be able to use it on a ROM? Also, would it be possible to use my save on a different region of the same game? (US save with JP ROM, for example. I hear JP version is actually all-language, too)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind, this CIA I found apparently is "invalid". :/
The easiest way for you is probably rxTools ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-with-signatures-patched-out.390607/unread ), it can boot your existing GW emuNAND.
You can convert SaveDataFiler.csu from the SDK DevKit Tools release, using these instructions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-put-savedatafiler-on-homescreen.373756/#post-5150625
Find the SDK.DevKit.Tools.3DSWare.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox release somewhere (google), and follow the instructions, you'll need ctrtool and makerom, they come with any 3DS to CIA converter.
Install the converted CIA using GW mode, then launch the modded rxTools and use it to dump, once back in GW mode import the save to your GW cart with SDF again.
Importing the save to GW requires a little trick, renaming the save file after importing:
Highlight your save under the SDMC tab
Press L + A and then A to import save to 000400000FF40A00.sav (CTR Card is no longer broken!)
Turn your 3DS off and connect the SD CARD with your PC
Copy 000400000FF40A00.sav to <your TitleID>.sav (Use http://3ds.essh.co to find the title ID of your game)

Reactions: dedChar

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, you've lost me.

I'll try to get these things that were listed, but I'm honestly confused. XD

I converted SDF to CIA from the SDK package (turns out I had it for a while, huh) and downloaded the Pasta thing.

Other than that, I don't really know what's the best way to get this done.

Last edited by SaitoKojima, , Reason: additional info

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should work too.

The easiest way for you is probably rxTools ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-with-signatures-patched-out.390607/unread ), it can boot your existing GW emuNAND.
You can convert SaveDataFiler.csu from the SDK DevKit Tools release, using these instructions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-put-savedatafiler-on-homescreen.373756/#post-5150625
Find the SDK.DevKit.Tools.3DSWare.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox release somewhere (google), and follow the instructions, you'll need ctrtool and makerom, they come with any 3DS to CIA converter.
Install the converted CIA using GW mode, then launch the modded rxTools and use it to dump, once back in GW mode import the save to your GW cart with SDF again.
Importing the save to GW requires a little trick, renaming the save file after importing:

Still kinda confused.

dedChar

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry, you've lost me.

I'll try to get these things that were listed, but I'm honestly confused. XD

I converted SDF to CIA from the SDK package (turns out I had it for a while, huh) and downloaded the Pasta thing.

Other than that, I don't really know what's the best way to get this done.
Well now just boot into Pasta and install SDF onto it. After that put in your cartrige and export the save of 'CTR Card'.
Then you boot into gateway emuNAND, install SDF there, select your game in the GW Rom menu, open SDF and go to the third tab and press L + A to import your save.
After that shut down your 3ds, and rename 000400000FF40A00.sav to <title id>.sav.

not that hard :lol:

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well now just boot into Pasta and install SDF onto it. After that put in your cartrige and export the save of 'CTR Card'.
Then you boot into gateway emuNAND, install SDF there, select your game in the GW Rom menu, open SDF and go to the third tab and press L + A to import your save.
After that shut down your 3ds, and rename 000400000FF40A00.sav to <title id>.sav.

not that hard :lol:

How do you do the first part? The whole Pasta stuff is new to me. Like installing CIAs using Pasta instead of emuNAND.

Last edited by SaitoKojima,

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I downloaded Pasta from this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/

The PastaCFW that's available for download is COMPLETELY different installation from what's in the tutorial video.

When I pasted the PastaCFW into the "3ds" folder and ran Ninjhax, it shows up, I pick PastaCFW and it just black screens.

My NAND is already split between emuNAND and sysNAND from before.

Not sure why the tutorial video has never been updated. The downloadable doesn't even half any of the stuff that's in that video.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I try to go to launch.rxtools.net, I get "This address is invalid" on my Browser.

Try with the QR code :

[spolier]
qr_code.png
[/spoiler]

Edit: :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi