Hacking Possible To Dump Save File and Overwrite Back Onto Cart?

thebib62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I wanted to know if there's any way I can extract a save file from a 3DS game cart, do what I want with the save file, and then load the save file back onto the SAME 3DS game cart?

I have a Gateway 3DS, and know that I can dump the entire game, and the save file on the cart.
I need to know if I can send the save file back on to the same retail cart?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You need a cfw and either sdf or ntr to rip write the save depending on if you have a o3ds or n3ds. Also a few games have write back protection and can not be written back to the cart

thebib62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original 3DS, and SDF (savedatafilter?)
I'm trying to do this on Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS, will this method work for those games?
Which CFW would you recommend me?

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Never did before (and I will not do) but you can backup/restore savegame data, dump your own cartridges all with GW Launcher...
You should download the launcher.dat by GW official page then put into your SD Card (that one big included with the 3ds), then setup your 3ds for internet and open the browser (don't care what version do you have...).
You should to go to this site: http://go.gateway-3ds.com and hold R, then, launcher.dat will be load and you should choose the options who you need.

I didn't nothing of those things but most probably the procedure is this

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i did it with acnl cart and my acnl cia on my other 3ds .. all work great ... but not easy process, pokemon is the same i guess

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an original 3DS, and SDF (savedatafilter?)
I'm trying to do this on Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS, will this method work for those games?
Which CFW would you recommend me?
RXtools worked perfectly for me. Just use savedatafiler to export the retail save, do whatever you need to do with it, then use savedatafiler again to import the save back onto your cart.

thebib62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RXtools worked perfectly for me. Just use savedatafiler to export the retail save, do whatever you need to do with it, then use savedatafiler again to import the save back onto your cart.
Thanks, I just got RXtools running on my 3DS. But now I need to know how to install savedatafiler using this CFW. I have it installed using my Gateway under Gateway mode, but I don't see it while under this new CFW.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need a cfw and either sdf or ntr to rip write the save depending on if you have a o3ds or n3ds. Also a few games have write back protection and can not be written back to the cart
What games have write-back protection? I'm just curious..

thebib62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got everything working, but now I have another issue. It seems to me that, if I start a new save file on my Pokemon games on a legit 3DS, and then try to play it on my 3DS running Gateway/RXtools, I get an error saying the save data is corrupted.
I formatted the game cart, and started a new game on my 3DS running Gateway/RXTtools, and now when I try to load the game on a unmodified 3DS it won't work either.

Is this issue known, and if so is there anyway for me to fix it?

z m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got everything working, but now I have another issue. It seems to me that, if I start a new save file on my Pokemon games on a legit 3DS, and then try to play it on my 3DS running Gateway/RXtools, I get an error saying the save data is corrupted.
I formatted the game cart, and started a new game on my 3DS running Gateway/RXTtools, and now when I try to load the game on a unmodified 3DS it won't work either.

Is this issue known, and if so is there anyway for me to fix it?
What version is your sysNAND running?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on