Homebrew Possible to delete a key in ticket.db?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let me explain.
Before Gateway released the 3.7, I was blocked at 9.5 EmuNand.
I could not download Pokemon Picross because I had a black screen when trying to download it, so I installed the CIA.
But the CIA, I guess, gave me a fake, bad... key in the ticket.db, because I deleted it, and now I can use the E-Shop in 10.3, I want to re-download it, but I have an error at 98%...

What should I do?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure if you understand what I search to do.
I can download a cia of Pokemon Picross and play it, it's not a problem.
I want just download it myself from the shop, but I can't because I have an error at 98%

Reactions: MsMidnight

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's emunand is it? Make a emunand backup, use tinyformat in emunand and try again. That should reset any title database. If it's still stuck after tinyformat you can just recover everything restoring your backup. If installs fine, make a personal cia out of it and install it after a restore.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh...
I won't format my EmuNand just for that

Being so easy to backup and restore, I don't see the hassle. That way you will check the integrity of your emunand's title database. Like I said, if it works you would like to create a personal cia out of it, restore the backup to bring back your content and install that cia with PBT cfw to overwrite the bad key with a legit personal (private!) one. No title is lost, and you'll end with picross and eshop. It's a win-win for me, but ok.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I had this same problem with Pokemon Rumble World I think, It was a long time ago so I don't remember the details, installing most CIAs, since they are not legit, corrupt the keys in the title.db (not sure if CIAs built in FunkyCIA have the same problem).

I don't remember the exact steps but it was kind of a hassle, I got another SD card and created a new emunand there, updated to lastest FW and linked NNID (Since my Sysnand doesn't have a linked NNID), had to redownload the game, and after that I could download it on my original Emunand. That's at least how I remember I did and it worked, I found this solution somewhere in GBAtemp so if what people have suggested already doesn't work you might want to do a little digging in here and find that topic.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you try to delete the game from the datamangement menu in emunand? Or else you can probably use FBI to delete the game manually too if you know it's ID. Your saves will be lost though if you didn't have a backup of it (you can make a backup in 3ds datamanagement too i think). After that you can download it from the eshop if you've bought it.

I think you got an error because tried to reinstall a game you haven't unistalled 1st (it's still on your nintendo 3ds SD folder).

Lastly another thing you can also try is make backup of the saves in dataangement & then cut & paste your Nintendo folder to your PC & then redownoad the game from the eshop it will proabably give you a clean install. But you'll have to find out in the Nintendo folder on your pc old pokemon picross game yourself & delete/move it, copy the folder to your SD card & then restore your saves backup if needed,

Last edited by Angely,

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
For any interested: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/AM:DeleteTicket

Feel free to play around with it, but do be careful, I only just found and documented this.
i guess that with this, a "ticket cleaner" app could be created, destroying all tickets for non-installed titles that have a different console ID than the current console (to not delete true eshop content) or '00000000'

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
it would be great if you let us delete and install tickets :)

I'm wondering if there is a AM:InstallTicket function ? (rather, what it's header code and request format would be, since it sounds ridiculous for there to be a way to delete tickets but not to install tickets)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there