Possible to change the ESN on a V3m Razor?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by dukenukethis, Oct 4, 2008.

Oct 4, 2008
  1. dukenukethis
    OP

Newcomer dukenukethis Advanced Member

United States
    So let's say a stranger gave me two Verizon Wireless V3m Razor phones that couldn't be activated because the history on them is, well "fuzzy." Now I wonder to myself, "Is it possible to change the ESN on the phone to one that is clean (I have a couple old cell phone that aren't Razors that I'm not using that do have clean ESNs). Or are these two brand new phones just fancy toys for my nephews?"

2. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Once reported as lost/stolen they can't be activated on any account. Or any provider. Ask for a refund, or return them to the person you stole them from. [​IMG] You may be able to change the ESN through questionable means, but if your wireless provider finds out, your services will be terminated as that is against the TOS, and you could face possible legal recourse.

3. dukenukethis
    OP

Newcomer dukenukethis Advanced Member

United States
    Well I figured there would be questionable means to do it, that's why I asked the pirates here. I used to work at a Verizon Wireless retailer so I know what sticklers they are. And I didn't steal the phones, I have a samsung u740 that I like WAY more than the Razors anyway. I got them from a pawn shop, the owner was throwing them away and asked if I wanted them. I'll probably just wind up giving them to my nephews as toys (keeping the batteries of course, those are worth something.