Hacking Possible to change emunand region on emunand 10.5?

Kirino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was thinking about making multiple emunands for eu and jpn on usa n3ds with latest cakesfw nightly build
is it possible or am i shit out of luck

Last edited by Kirino,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a quick guide I wrote on this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/page-10

If you read on a few pages after this there are some more detailed explanations regarding a few of the steps. The whole process should take about and hour or so and I don't see why it wouldn't work on 10.5.

"I have changed my emunand region from 9.1J to 9.1U and then updated to 10.4U. Everything works fine except eshop of course but that a SecureInfo_A issue.

@Nazosan and I were working on this a week or so ago. You can't just install 9.1U over 9.1J. Too many things are missing and your emunand will be incomplete causing most of the errors you see(keyboard and things). Here's what you need to do.

1. Get all of the updates for the system region you want to switch to starting from the lowest you can find (4.2) to whatever your emunand is now (9.2). If you are using a N3DS get the O3DS updates up to 8.1 and then get the N3DS updates from 9.0 and up.

2. Merge all of the update cia's into a single folder overwriting older versions with newer versions (add 4.2 cia's to the folder then 4.5 cia's then 5.0 etc..) when you are done there should be around 170 files.

3. Delete all cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005. These will prevent the emunand from loading.

4. Place all of these cia's in a folder named updates on the root of your sd card.

5. Use FBI to uninstall the main system titles from your emunand (system settings, mii maker, miiverse, camera, etc...). If you region change before deleting the system titles it will cause your emunand to freeze randomly and block you from entering the system settings app.

6. Use sysupdater in emunand to install all of the cia's in your update folder. When this is done your system will reset.

7. Use decrypt9 or rxtools to inject the SecureInfo_A for your new region into emunand. My system was weird in that I had a SecureInfo_B instead of A so rxtools would not work but decrypt9 did.

8. Congrats!! You have a region changed system. Now format it and update however you like. I updated with a cart to 9.4U first and then updated through system settings to 10.4U.

The eshop will not work unless you had a SecureInfo_A from a system that never connected to the internet."

Reactions: 75mak

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a quick guide I wrote on this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/page-10

If you read on a few pages after this there are some more detailed explanations regarding a few of the steps. The whole process should take about and hour or so and I don't see why it wouldn't work on 10.5.

"I have changed my emunand region from 9.1J to 9.1U and then updated to 10.4U. Everything works fine except eshop of course but that a SecureInfo_A issue.

@Nazosan and I were working on this a week or so ago. You can't just install 9.1U over 9.1J. Too many things are missing and your emunand will be incomplete causing most of the errors you see(keyboard and things). Here's what you need to do.

1. Get all of the updates for the system region you want to switch to starting from the lowest you can find (4.2) to whatever your emunand is now (9.2). If you are using a N3DS get the O3DS updates up to 8.1 and then get the N3DS updates from 9.0 and up.

2. Merge all of the update cia's into a single folder overwriting older versions with newer versions (add 4.2 cia's to the folder then 4.5 cia's then 5.0 etc..) when you are done there should be around 170 files.

3. Delete all cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005. These will prevent the emunand from loading.

4. Place all of these cia's in a folder named updates on the root of your sd card.

5. Use FBI to uninstall the main system titles from your emunand (system settings, mii maker, miiverse, camera, etc...). If you region change before deleting the system titles it will cause your emunand to freeze randomly and block you from entering the system settings app.

6. Use sysupdater in emunand to install all of the cia's in your update folder. When this is done your system will reset.

7. Use decrypt9 or rxtools to inject the SecureInfo_A for your new region into emunand. My system was weird in that I had a SecureInfo_B instead of A so rxtools would not work but decrypt9 did.

8. Congrats!! You have a region changed system. Now format it and update however you like. I updated with a cart to 9.4U first and then updated through system settings to 10.4U.

The eshop will not work unless you had a SecureInfo_A from a system that never connected to the internet."
I have other 3ds consoles, but not sure how to get a secureinfo_a file from it to put on the emunand. Also will this prevent the doner 3ds secureinfo from connecting to eshop. Basically how do obtain the secureinfo file from a 3ds not connected to internet? Or is it just a 3ds which has never connected to eshop?

And just to clarify its just eshop that won't work not online play?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have other 3ds consoles, but not sure how to get a secureinfo_a file from it to put on the emunand. Also will this prevent the doner 3ds secureinfo from connecting to eshop. Basically how do obtain the secureinfo file from a 3ds not connected to internet? Or is it just a 3ds which has never connected to eshop?

And just to clarify its just eshop that won't work not online play?

It would be nice if this misinformation stopped spreading...

Where the donor secureinfo_a file comes from or if it has ever been online is irrelevant to whether or not the target system can get on the eShop once region-changed. Whether or not the target system can get on the target region eShop has everything to with if there are any original region titles attached to the CPUID hardware identifier of the target system. This assignment is done at the factory and especially for N3DS units, basically 100% of them will not be able to access the target region eShop once region-changed.

For example, JPN N3DS systems have a demo video app loaded on them at manufacture. This demo video app and it's JPN title id are associated with the CPUID hardware identifier on the system. This value CANNOT so far be spoofed in software. After changing the region, say to US, when the system attempts to connect to the eShop, it will attempt to access the legacy eShop account (from before NNIDs were instituted) for this system, which is identified by the CPUID. The US eShop tries to fetch the title id for the JPN video application from before, but the JPN title id doesn't exist in the US eShop, so an error is thrown and connection to the US eShop fails.

Yifan_lu is pretty much the ONLY person who has successfully bypassed this issue and successfully performed a cross-region system transfer, which after associating his NNID with the system and through patching that is required after every reboot, is able to access a different target-region eShop. The patching for this to be successful is highly complex and pretty much WAY outside the wheel-house of most homebrewers and even homebrew devs. Suffice it to say, you can pretty much ONLY EASILY access the eShop of the target region on a region-changed system for O3DS consoles that never had any titles associated with their legacy eShop accounts at the time of manufacture. This is why people have had success with accessing the eShop on older O3DS consoles, but not N3DS systems.

Whew...I hope that explains things and I hope people can spread the word that basically, in regards to region-changing on 3DS systems:
O3DS -> eShop access possible
N3DS -> eShop access NOT possible (at least currently).
And it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ONLINE HISTORY OF THE DONOR 3DS SecureInfo_A file! ^_^

Reactions: 75mak

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
It would be nice if this misinformation stopped spreading...

Where the donor secureinfo_a file comes from or if it has ever been online is irrelevant to whether or not the target system can get on the eShop once region-changed. Whether or not the target system can get on the target region eShop has everything to with if there are any original region titles attached to the CPUID hardware identifier of the target system. This assignment is done at the factory and especially for N3DS units, basically 100% of them will not be able to access the target region eShop once region-changed.

For example, JPN N3DS systems have a demo video app loaded on them at manufacture. This demo video app and it's JPN title id are associated with the CPUID hardware identifier on the system. This value CANNOT so far be spoofed in software. After changing the region, say to US, when the system attempts to connect to the eShop, it will attempt to access the legacy eShop account (from before NNIDs were instituted) for this system, which is identified by the CPUID. The US eShop tries to fetch the title id for the JPN video application from before, but the JPN title id doesn't exist in the US eShop, so an error is thrown and connection to the US eShop fails.

Yifan_lu is pretty much the ONLY person who has successfully bypassed this issue and successfully performed a cross-region system transfer, which after associating his NNID with the system and through patching that is required after every reboot, is able to access a different target-region eShop. The patching for this to be successful is highly complex and pretty much WAY outside the wheel-house of most homebrewers and even homebrew devs. Suffice it to say, you can pretty much ONLY EASILY access the eShop of the target region on a region-changed system for O3DS consoles that never had any titles associated with their legacy eShop accounts at the time of manufacture. This is why people have had success with accessing the eShop on older O3DS consoles, but not N3DS systems.

Whew...I hope that explains things and I hope people can spread the word that basically, in regards to region-changing on 3DS systems:
O3DS -> eShop access possible
N3DS -> eShop access NOT possible (at least currently).
And it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ONLINE HISTORY OF THE DONOR 3DS SecureInfo_A file! ^_^
Thanks for clarifying that. So basically I need to have an old 3ds with no previous titles installed, then I can obtained the secure info file from it

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying that. So basically I need to have an old 3ds with no previous titles installed, then I can obtained the secure info file from it

No, I still believe there is some misunderstanding here. It DOES'T MATTER WHERE THE SecureInfo_A FILE COMES FROM! The type of the DESTINATION SYSTEM is what matters for whether or not it can get on the eShop after region-changing. If the system you are trying to region-change is a N3DS, the eShop will NOT WORK after the region-change, regardless of the system you get the SecureInfo_A file from.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
No, I still believe there is some misunderstanding here. It DOES'T MATTER WHERE THE SecureInfo_A FILE COMES FROM! The type of the DESTINATION SYSTEM is what matters for whether or not it can get on the eShop after region-changing. If the system you are trying to region-change is a N3DS, the eShop will NOT WORK after the region-change, regardless of the system you get the SecureInfo_A file from.

I have this conversation with people once a week. Going to just start pasting a link to your previous description

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.