Hacking Possible to 9.4 firmlaunch on n3ds without emunand

• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 1,535
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted-19228

OP
Couldn't find this answered anywhere. I am currently running rxtools w/ rei on sysnand. I realize I could run emunand and update to 9.4 but would prefer not to if I don't have to.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
No comments? Even trying to update the emunand to 9.4 causes issues when I tried that. Black screen after "creating home menu items" or whatever it said.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No comments? Even trying to update the emunand to 9.4 causes issues when I tried that. Black screen after "creating home menu items" or whatever it said.

Why would you want to update to 9.4? Why not 9.5 straight? Also, if you don't have to why would you? Is it just because you can?

D

Deleted-19228

OP
You can't upgrade straight to 9.5 without downloading individual cia's. No difference between 9.4 and 9.5. 9.4 is required to play Xenoblade and other 9.4 crypto games.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can't upgrade straight to 9.5 without downloading individual cia's. No difference between 9.4 and 9.5. 9.4 is required to play Xenoblade and other 9.4 crypto games.

what's the problem with getting 9.5 in CIA format?

9.5 is a cooler number than 9.4 /jk

D

Deleted-19228

OP
It's pointless when I can update straight to 9.4 using a Xenoblade cart. In any case this discussion doesn't fix either of the original two problems with using this exploit, can't update emunand without black screen and can't 9.4 firmlaunch without emunand at 9.4

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's pointless when I can update straight to 9.4 using a Xenoblade cart. In any case this discussion doesn't fix either of the original two problems with using this exploit, can't update emunand without black screen and can't 9.4 firmlaunch without emunand at 9.4

Not sure why the black screen happens. I don't have experience with Reinand but rxTools is perfectly able to support emunand up to 9.5 on N3DS. So it shouldn't happen.
Could be related to the rom/cartridge you're using to update it but only if it's from different region or something.

Last edited by lemanuel,

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its been a while, but i was using pasta on 9.0 sysnand and firmlaunching xenoblade.
I could not get the cartridge to load (black screen) but the cia of xenoblade worked just fine

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Figured everything out. It all goes back to themehax. Themehax is why it's black screening after update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1