Gaming Possible that Gamecube Controller ports stop working?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First it started with the controller randomly moving up on any game that uses the GCN controller. I thought it was the controller. I tried EVERYTHING. Switching GCN slots, changing the channel on it, replacing batteries, (it's a Wavebird) and nothing worked EVEN Reseting the controller! (X, Y, and START for 3 seconds). Then I used a wired controller. SAME issue. I finally got it working eventually somehow... -.-

Now I just plugged in my Wavebird to play SSBB and the light wouldn't even show up. I took out the adapter and checked the channel: 13. I checked my Controller, 13. Should be working. I unplugged it and plugged in a wired controller. It wouldn't respond, nor would my 3rd controller I tried. Slot 2 works perfect with both controllers. I re-tried slot 1. No luck. I finally tried once more and I moved the adapter for the Wavebird around and it started working, but now I'm getting mad. I've noticed this has happened before, but only for a few seconds. Sometimes when I move the joystick up it doesn't respond in slot 1. No, its not the batteries. I just replaced them earlier.

Could my adapters for the GCN controllers be... dying?

EDIT: I'm playing SSBB right now, and it was working fine til I got to the character selection. It's moving up on its own!

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Your controller is broken. The exact same thing happened to me. Try a regular controller with a cable to verify. But I say broken controller
tongue.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just set up a different channel ( = frequency ) on the wave bird.
It happenens to me sometimes, interference of wii laptops Wifi/ router etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)