Hacking Possible that Cyclo Evo will be updated to work with DSi?

godstriker8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if I should get a Cyclo Evolution, since I plan on selling my DS Lite soon, I don't wanna have to buy a new cart within at least 3-4 months. SO is it possible for the Evo to get updated to work with DSi via firmware?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
Gariscus said:
Not possible. Team Cyclops will have to create a new flashcart.

Its entirely possible to update it for DSi firmware 1.3 and below
I stand corrected. 99% of the posts on Team Cyclops Forums regarding it say otherwise however. But now that I think about it... The CycloDS Evolution's firmware is stored on the actual cart so...
unsure.gif

I'm also going by what one of the mods on Team Cyclops Forums told me. He said that Team Cyclops had hinted to him that they'd have to make a new cart. Later on he posted that TC would have to make a new flashcart.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did release a video showing it working (partially) on a DSi, though.

If it could have been made to work, I wonder why they didn't since they also haven't released another cart. Now it would be useless with the 1.4 update since they need a new cart but they could have gotten some extra sales in the meantime...

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
sfg said:

If it could have been made to work, I wonder why they didn't since they also haven't released another cart. Now it would be useless with the 1.4 update since they need a new cart but they could have gotten some extra sales in the meantime...
That was the CycloDSi

connor_walsh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they probally cud do it through firmware but might instead release a new cart to get more sales
biggrin.gif
and implement better features to compete with supercard

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
luke_c said:
sfg said:

That was the CycloDSi
We don't know that. It could have been a hacked DSi. TC didn't say anything apart from getting it to work in a "lab condition".

In any case, the DSi compatible CycloDS has probably suffered the same fate as the GUI overhurl; vapour.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, they can't update the current CycloDS to support DSi. The bootstrap is not able to be updated on the CycloDS. At least, that's what I read at TC forums one day. Makes sense as they obviously haven't already made it work on DSi, which I'm sure they would have if they could.

My guess as to why they never released a DSi cart is that they want a fully functioning DSi mode hack first. They don't want to make a half-assed cart....you know, where it works in the DSi, but doesn't actually unlock DSi mode....like all the "i" carts currently do. When/if they release one, it will make FULL use of the DSi. Like I said, that's my guess as to what's going on with them.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I kinda wish they told us how they got it working, although that might've hindered their R&D secrets.

luke_c said:
sfg said:

That was the CycloDSi

No, that was the Evolution. Same cart.

QUOTE(Rockstar @ Feb 12 2010, 04:04 PM)
I read that alot of members from the team quit so they cannot make a dsi cart but will still try to support the normal cyclo
Where did you hear that?

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
I read that alot of members from the team quit so they cannot make a dsi cart but will still try to support the normal cyclo

REALLY? I never saw that mentioned anywhere. Hmm....could go a long way to explaining why that one vid they had of a CycloDS working on a DSi never blossomed into anything.....same with the "new GUI" they used to talk about.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My God, I stirred the treehouse.

QUOTE said:
I saw it in a thread here, some guy emailed the team and quoted the response.

I saw in about a thousand threads here that AKAIO is dead. Must be more reliable, because you saw that in only one thread.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, actually. How does it matter how old he is? It doesn't make his info any less reliable. I believe him.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone could always go over to TC forums and ask if the info is valid. Personally, I don't care about a new GUI or DSi compatibility, so it's moot to me.....unless they stop supporting the CycloDS with new FW updates, which is the only thing I care about.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Chrono_Tata said:
luke_c said:
sfg said:

That was the CycloDSi
We don't know that. It could have been a hacked DSi. TC didn't say anything apart from getting it to work in a "lab condition".

In any case, the DSi compatible CycloDS has probably suffered the same fate as the GUI overhurl; vapour.
They said it was the DSi cart prototype

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM