Misc Possible Solutions to the whole issue witch lead to forbidding people to play on dolhphin

• Thread starter Deleted-420537
  • Start date
  • Views 4,077
  • Replies 26
D

Deleted-420537

OP
You already found that solution: run your own server. If you do not want to dump your own NAND that's not Wiimm's problem.

"Wii got lost or broke?" You have no way to play those discs you didn't pirate, then. You can't use them in a DVD-ROM drive so you wouldn't be able to play them on Dolphin.

How do you "lose" a game console?
oh trust me people have lost so many things loosing a game console is not even impressive anymore. And about the whole disc thing, maybe they had the disc BEFORE it got lost or broke and not AFTER? just a thaught

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not just a thought. You're just making things up as you go along. Who is "they?" Did you lose your console or not, and if so, how? Leave it on the bus?

D

Deleted-420537

OP
No, it's not just a thought. You're just making things up as you go along. Who is "they?" Did you lose your console or not, and if so, how? Leave it on the bus?

the "just a thaught" was sarcastic and "they" are people who lost their consoles..... jesus.... Literally dont reply to me anymore if all your gonna do is argue with me on everything

TirantRex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm probably reviving a dead thread but this whole situation you're having had me interested so I want to give some of my input.

First, I want to go over these:
1) make bans work with IP address: Lots of bans these days use the banning of Ip addresses to forbid the user online if he does something like for example: Hacking. This would be a great alternative to using the NAND as all Dolphin users may use the same NAND BUT they do not use the same Ip address. So if we use the Ip address to ban players we wouldn't have to worry about banning all dolphin users because that's what you were forced to do because all dolphin users had the same NAND

2) Shorten the wait time - I know, I know "Shorten the wait time? how preposterous! who does this 3 year old think he is?" well just listen the Wait time was originally put in place to stop hackers from spamming new consoles to rejoin and I am FINE with that. However I feel A week is just a bit overkill 1 or 2 days would surely already help prevent spam. Now how do I think this will help? well if you remember from my previous complaints of me getting sent back to the beginning of the wait after using the server for 1 or 2 days I was annoyed at the fact that I could only play for 1-2 days then wait another 7. At least shortening the wait to 1-2 days would make it less of a hassle

3). the third and final solution wich will maybe be the most unrealistic one. Make a wiimmfi sort of server that is dedicated to dolphin, wii players can have their server and dolphin players can have theirs. No I'm not saying create and program an emulator or create and program an entirely new build. You could just make 2 severs with the same code but allow one to run on dolphin. I understand this idea may be far fetched because servers are expensive and all that but if we are not going to do this one then maybe we take the other 2 into consideration.
-Hurricane

Here's what I think:
1) This is good thinking however, it is SUPER DUPER EASY to change your IP address especially on a PC.

2) As of 2019, the wait time for Mario Kart Wii is 2-2.5 days (and that is only for Mario Kart Wii, all other games you can play immediately).

3) I think you thinking on this one, but like you say it "unrealistic". Also, I'm pretty sure MKWii is one of if not the only game that has this level of cheat prevention (the rest I think have anti-cheat but not to the extent of blocking Dolphin but please anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

If you still want to play Mario Kart Wii online, here is what I think you should do:
- Go to Goodwill and by a cheap Wii (No we will not be homebrewing it)
- Get an SD Card that is at least 512 mb (again, not for homebrew)
- Get the Internet Channel on the SD card somehow (Either use someone else's Wii or find a copy of it on the internet)
- Put in Mario Kart Wii disc
- Go to the SD card menu and launch the Internet channel
- Go to (and add to favorites) the site: chadsoft.co.uk/wiimmfi
- Wait a few seconds, and the game will launcher with the Wiimmfi patch

I don't know if this post'll be removed for being on an old thread, but hope it helps...

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
1) This is good thinking however, it is SUPER DUPER EASY to change your IP address especially on a PC.
The IP of the PC is totally irrelevant for Wiimmfi.

2) As of 2019, the wait time for Mario Kart Wii is 2-2.5 days (and that is only for Mario Kart Wii, all other games you can play immediately).
Its exact 7 days = 7*24 hours!

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, it doesn't say you're not allowed to play Wiimmfi on Dolphin.
If you even take the time to backup your Wii's NAND and import it in Dolphin. It will work just fine.
(Just make sure that if your PC isn't good enough, to use the 30FPS code.)

Reactions: Wiimm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi