Hacking Possible solution to G6 Lite loader problem

ceevee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried all the g6loader.sys files (4.0beta, 4.0, 4.0a, 4.0b) and also checked their crc32 checksums. I obtained the 4.0 beta from the cd that came with my G6 Lite.

g6loader.sys

4.0a & 4.0b both have 2E58371D
4.0 has 14BF0142
4.0 beta E31DBB9F

g6verify.sys

All versions have A3503516

I tried all the g6loader.sys versions on my ndsl with both methods explained in the G6 Loader txt file:

GBA console: (this is WITHOUT the passcard in the nds slot)
1) Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of G6 U-Disk drive.
2) Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
3) Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out.

NDS console:(this is WITH the passcard 3 in the nds slot)
1) Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of G6 U-Disk drive.
2) Press "Y" to make console entering into GBA mode.
3) Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
4) Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out.
(PASSKEY, PASSME, FLASHME is necessary for NDS mode) "

The results are the SAME whether i use the first or second method.

Anyways I found that the only version that works with my G6 Lite is the g6loader.sys that came with the cd and that was the one that was already loaded with the G6 Lite. So the g6loader.sys from 4.0 beta with a CRC32 checksum of E31DBB9F is the one that works.

Here's what worked for me: http://rapidshare.de/files/25203098/G6loader.zip.html

I'm not sure if this is against the rules, but many people are having trouble with this. Please share if you find this useful by uploading to other 'rapidshare' sites.

Also if someone who has a working G6 Lite, could you upload your g6loader.sys so I can see? Thanks!

**If you already have a 'Wrong Version' statement when you startup, you need to update the loader WITHOUT the passcard in the slot.**

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't know what the problem you're having is, or is related to. Every version of the loader you listed works fine on my cart, and I'm currently using the one with the 4.0a/4.0b package. (They didn't change the loader, only the PC software.)

This bears further investigation for sure.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats because you have the english version of g6 lite.

there is also a chinese version in circulation that are having trouble updating to the new 4.0a/b loader

roar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't know what the problem you're having is, or is related to. Every version of the loader you listed works fine on my cart, and I'm currently using the one with the 4.0a/4.0b package. (They didn't change the loader, only the PC software.)

This bears further investigation for sure.

Can I ask you were you got your g6 lite from? The usual cdn sources (gamersection and kicktrading) don't have the english versions listed online yet, did you get it from overseas?

ceevee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing I have the chinese version, because I can't get the the loaders from 4.0, 4.0a, or 4.0b to work on my G6 Lite.

I got mine from Winsunx.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also received mine from WinSunX, this is where the confusion sets in - they definitely sent me an English version.

Perhaps WinSunX got a mixed shipment that wasn't marked English/Chinese, and simply sent out what they had. Seems strange for a store of their reputation though.

roar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also received mine from WinSunX, this is where the confusion sets in - they definitely sent me an English version.

Perhaps WinSunX got a mixed shipment that wasn't marked English/Chinese, and simply sent out what they had. Seems strange for a store of their reputation though.

Sounds like too much of a crap shoot right now
smile.gif
Thanks for the reply... I noticed gamersection started carrying the G6 Lite on the 5th and have a note saying they have no ETA on the english version... guess I'll wait a little longer... my 256Mb old school FlashAdvancePro just ain't cuttin it!

ceevee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the only version of the loader that can be used with the chinese G6 Lite is the one that includes BOTH the english and chinese language. As soon as the loader split the languages into two separate files, the G6 Lite won't work.

I guess I'm stuck using the loader which included both chinese and english, which was v4.0 beta.

The link is above for anyone else using the chinese version.

I hope the M3 team fixes this!

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I tried all the g6loader.sys files (4.0beta, 4.0, 4.0a, 4.0b) and also checked their crc32 checksums.  I obtained the 4.0 beta from the cd that came with my G6 Lite.

g6loader.sys

4.0a & 4.0b both have 2E58371D
4.0 has 14BF0142
4.0 beta E31DBB9F

g6verify.sys

All versions have A3503516

I tried all the g6loader.sys versions on my ndsl with both methods explained in the G6 Loader txt file:

GBA console: (this is WITHOUT the passcard in the nds slot)
2) Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
3) Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out. 

NDS console:(this is WITH the passcard 3 in the nds slot)
2) Press "Y" to make console entering into GBA mode.
3) Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
4) Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out. 
(PASSKEY, PASSME, FLASHME is necessary for NDS mode) "

The results are the SAME whether i use the first or second method.

Anyways I found that the only version that works with my G6 Lite is the g6loader.sys that came with the cd and that was the one that was already loaded with the G6 Lite.  So the g6loader.sys from 4.0 beta with a CRC32 checksum of E31DBB9F is the one that works.

Here's what worked for me: http://rapidshare.de/files/25203098/G6loader.zip.html

I'm not sure if this is against the rules, but many people are having trouble with this.  Please share if you find this useful by uploading to other 'rapidshare' sites.

Also if someone who has a working G6 Lite, could you upload your g6loader.sys so I can see?  Thanks!

**If you already have a 'Wrong Version' statement when you startup, you need to update the loader WITHOUT the passcard in the slot.**
Sorry for my bad english :'(

Verry interesting!
Do you think that the G6 Lite checks the CRC of the g6loader.sys before updating??
It would be necessary to test an old loader with the same CRC and see what that gives.

But I don't think that the G6 Lite have an hardware protection, so I don't understand why we can't update with English loader...

EDIT: These CRC32 checksums are from the Chinese Loaders or English loaders?
2E58371D
14BF0142
E31DBB9F

ceevee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: These CRC32 checksums are from the Chinese Loaders or English loaders?
2E58371D
14BF0142
E31DBB9F

2E58371D and 14BF0142 are English only loaders. E31DBB9F is English and Chinese. All the Chinese only loaders work with the Chinese G6 Lite.
The only loader with English that works with the Chinese G6 Lite is the one with both English and Chinese, E31DBB9F.

No I don't think the G6 Lite checks CRC32, there was just something they changed when they split the Chinese and English language into separate loaders.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok, but why they released a loader (4.0 Beta) in English and Chinese and after, they released 2 separate loaders (one english and an other chinese)?

I think there is a reason...

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
So how do you tell if you've got an English or a Chinese G6 Lite? Is there something different written on the circuit board maybe?

ceevee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Can someone upload the 4.0 beta (the one with chinese and english) somewhere?
Maybe some of us with assembly knowledge might want to take a look at it.

As I understand it, the 4.0c for example brings 2 separate loaders. One english and one chinese. The G6 Lite only allows for the chinese loader to be flashed.

The 4.0 beta has chinese aswell as english. What I don't understand is, if both versions/languages of the loader are in the same file, how does the g6 lite choose english? does it ask you? does it have a setting in the menu?

ceevee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone upload the 4.0 beta (the one with chinese and english) somewhere?
Maybe some of us with assembly knowledge might want to take a look at it.

As I understand it, the 4.0c for example brings 2 separate loaders. One english and one chinese. The G6 Lite only allows for the chinese loader to be flashed.

The 4.0 beta has chinese aswell as english. What I don't understand is, if both versions/languages of the loader are in the same file, how does the g6 lite choose english? does it ask you? does it have a setting in the menu?
The 4.0 beta is the link on the first post. There is a setting in the menu for english. It's easy to find. However the Chinese loader is still not bad to use if you only want to use the G6 Lite for games. Put it in filename mode and it's pretty easy to use.

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
sry to ask a dumb question, but does the chinese version have any limatations/advantages over the english one? esp. with playing roms?

chibityga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using 4.0beta on a Chinese G6 Lite allows you to select an option to run English menus? If that's the case, then what's the big deal with getting a Chinese G6 Lite?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...