Hacking Possible "Safe" System Menu 3.4?

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
As of now, the general rule is that 3.2 is the optimal System Menu version to be using. It is the latest one with absolutely no hacks disabled. The main reason why 3.4 is avoided is that it brings along a whole array of patched IOS modules with it, as well as making the TP hack harder to use and disabling Trucha discs. Supposed automatic updates are also a concern.

However, if these issues were all eliminated, and a safe collection of patches were created, it would make the Menu 3.4 itself safe to have.

These are the primary issues keeping users away from 3.4 (Green if currently fixable; Red if not):

acceptso5.png
Trucha-signed discs are blocked.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but IOS50 (the core of 3.4) can be patched to include the bug again.
acceptso5.png
Twilight Hack is "blocked".
Not an issue with the latest Hack, but a full patch would be nice.
acceptso5.png
Loads of patched IOS modules are installed.
The assumed method of installation would be via WAD. This also solves most issues outside of the Menu itself.

cancelyh8.png
Automatic Updates.
A disc update patch would be needed, along with research into whether or not the Menu itself takes control during online updates as suggested.

Right now, I'm blanking on any more issues. I'm sure there are more, but I'll leave it at that. It would be nice to see an effort to add "safety" features to this menu, particularly with the Automated Updates problem.

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
search Forsaekn cSM for details. I had the thread closed because it was getting offtopic while I developed, but perusing some of the posts you'll get some information. All of these issues have been tackled, and the patches are modular, in that they can be applied to a future system menu with little effort. Of course, new protection mechanics would have to be approached when they are released, but this should not take more than a week at best. This is already a project in the works with a beta coming soon.

Fors

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the auto updates .. are you speaking of Nintendo's change to the EULA that says they "may" automatically update the Wii? I still think it's just a scare tactic. Simple solution is to turn off the Wii Connect feature.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
staying at 3.2 is considered safer because patching system menu and IOS used by the system menu is not considered as being safe, that's all

but theorically, you could disassemble/hack/patch everything you want

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
For the last time, there is NO CODE in the system menu that can allow it to auto-update.
Don't know why you bother answering to these idiots, they all take the piss and don't read, search or understand...
this scene is like NO OTHER.........one word ready? PATHETIC
it's turned out too dam childs play!

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
For the last time, there is NO CODE in the system menu that can allow it to auto-update.

Well if Nintendo installed a demodulator into the next update people would be forced to auto-update. Those flange widgets that Nintendo have are pretty hard to get past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...