Possible rev14 bug?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by h8uthemost, Jul 27, 2009.

Jul 27, 2009

Possible rev14 bug? by h8uthemost at 1:21 PM (1,763 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. h8uthemost
    OP

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I thought it would be better to create a thread on this instead of posting it in the rev14 release thread.

One of the features with the new cios is that backups should appear in the disc channel. I read to get this to work go into Preloader>Settings>System Menu IOS and switch to 249. Which I did. My backup discs now appear in the disc channel, but...when I go to start any of my backup discs, I get a black screen saying something like: Error Reading Disc, Eject then Power Down and Look at the Wii Manual. But the backups still boot fine from either Neogamma or Softchip.

Now, that isn't the possible bug I'm about to describe. That's just a problem I'm having with this new disc channel feature. Hopefully someone knows a solution to this.

The possible bug is: After going into Preloader and setting the System Menu IOS to 249(which is was normally set on 60, the setting it was on when I installed Preloader), if I have Gamecube disc(retail) in my Wii and power the Wii on, it will go to the System Menu briefly, but then a black screen immediately pops with the error I described in the above paragraph.

If I go back into Preloader and set the System Menu IOS option back to 60, and power on the Wii with a Gamecube disc in it, the Wii then behaves normally. The Wii will boot right into the system menu and no black screen.

I'm still pretty new to the loaders. So I don't know if this is a bug or just an error on my end. Just to let you know I do have Wiigator's GC Launcher installed.

Thanks for any info.

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    -I think that the games would work from Disc Channel, they would all be needed to patch to IOS249. That's why they don't work.
    -Patching makes the Menu basicly unstable, you'll loose SDHC, etc, since the IOS you'll force to use wasn't designed for the menu.
    -That's also maybe the reason for your GC-Errors
    -I have no idea if this would work, and I can't test it (ModChip), but you could try the IOS Reload Hack in Preloader. I tried this once on a friends Wii, and it was pretty stable, but gave 001 Errors (which should be now fixed in rev14).

Summary: Patch menu to another IOS isn't a great idea...in my opinion, let it be.

EDIT: Clean up [​IMG]

3. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply Blue-K. But I see no hack under System/Menu Hacks or Settings in Preloader named IOS Reload Hack. Or anything that even looks like that. Or anything under the System Menu IOS option.

Is that the exact name for it in Preloader?

And yeah, this isn't a huge deal if I can't get it to work properly. I just like playing around with new hacks that I've found out about. But if it won't work for than it work for me.

4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    So you should have it...it exists for 3.2, 4.0 and 4.1 (this one should be for 4.1U)...I have it in my 4.1E ini myself...so try to download the newest .ini on a Thread here...

And yeah, I guessed that you were just playing around [​IMG]. But yeah...you could try to post it in WiiPowers Thread about Bugs...but I guess it isn't that important for them to fix this...

5. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I'm on 4.0U. Ok, I'll try the newest .ini.

Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Yeah, it's not a bug.

Running system menu on an IOS simply allows it to recognize the backup and show it's banner, however the game will still be run off it's notmal IOS unless it's patched to run on a cIOS, hence not working.

The IOS reload preloader hack works pretty well, however some games will not work with rev14 as it doesn't have anti-002 protection anymore, plus various other factors.

7. kmattos

Newcomer kmattos Newbie

United States
  8. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Now this is weird. I just opened the hacks.ini that is on my SD card, and IOS Reload is listed in it. But for some reason it's not showing up in Preloader.

Anyone know why that is?

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    check that the version no. of the hack matches your system menu version.

10. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the response OSW. Here is what it shows in my hacks.ini under IOS Reload:

[IOS Reload]
    version=418
    offset=0x8137B8C8
    value=0x3B200001
    offset=0x8137B8CC
    value=0x3B0000F9

I'm not sure what version 418 is. My system menu is 4.0u.