ROM Hack Possible recovery of girlfriend's 3DS data?

LaserDisc86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I apologize in advance if this is a silly question, but I have a problem with my girlfriend's 3DS.

She has a 3DS with 16GB SD card with multiple games on it (Pokemon, etc). The console was lent to a friend who, unfortunately without our knowledge, removed her SD card, formatted the system, and used their own SD card for say about a week and played a game via cartridge.

I got the system back today and it was formatted like a new system, I re-inserted her SD card but unfortunately nothing seems to be coming back. From what I've read in the past few hours the unique link or ID between the system and the SD card has been lost and there is no official way to resolve this.

I am able to re-download purchased games via her NNID, however it seems the saved games, streetpasses, and other data is lost...

It seems there is a wealth of information on here, so I was wondering, is it even possible to trick the system into reading older save data to try recovering something, or is it a lost cause? I would be fine with buying a piece of hardware if needed.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I apologize if this is the wrong area to post a question.
-S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P