Hacking Possible Problem with MicroSD Card or R4

HottSushiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I really wasn't quite sure what section to place this, because the problem could of occurred in the Flash Cart, or MicroSD Card, perhaps even both.

Just recently a problem occurred in either my Micro, or R4 ,(no duh
rolleyes.gif
) it started when i woke my DS up from sleep, it was already in the YSMenu, as i forgot to turn off at school, and when i tried opening a Rom, more specific Knights in Nightmare, but then a error message popped up saying:

"Error opening NDS file"
(something in the lines of that)

So i thought OK, i rebooted my DS then the message popped up saying:

"Couldn't find _system_.dat"
(something in the lines of that)

I started thinking O NO!:eek: So i plugged my MicroSD Card into the adapter, then into the computer, and now my computer doesn't even recognize my SD Card, only the adapter, i have tried rebooting the computer, blowing on the SD Card, Adapter, R4,Slot-1, even the area you insert the MicroSD Card Adapter, but of course no avail.
blink.gif

Much to my surprise there were some files in my Adapter, which are:
-TTMenu.sys
-YSMenu.sys
(My memory is quite vague at the moment)

Now I'm not so sure what to do,
unsure.gif
and please i hope I'm able to recover the files on the SD Card, i haven't updated the back ups recently, and losing all those files on my SD Card would be heart breaking, all those save files, and the R4Ysauto took ages installing, i would have to replay several games i was half done.
mad.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you have to take everything out from your Mirco SD card then reformat it again. If that doesn't help then I don't know what to tell you

HottSushiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That's just it, I'm not able to access my MicroSD Card, when i plug in my MicroSD Card into the adapter, then into my computer, the Auto Play doesn't spring up, neither does the rename i gave to my SD Card, which is: "2GB SD Card" i can only find Removable Drive (I:) where there is only 2 files located in there, while I'm suppose to find 1.95 GB full of files.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a phone or camera that uses micro sd format it in that and your computer may reconize it or maybe even try another computer if you can if all that fails then maybe your memory card is failing and buy a new one....

HottSushiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah i posted this in several forums, and in one of the forums they said perhaps that my MicroSD Card is dead, from the life-span.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
try a new adapter. it's probably your current adapter is busted. I know mine is busted because I removed it without turning it off first from my PC. use a USB reader for microSD. I bought a new one since the older one is also busted

chdavisjr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I hope this is not too late and you have already reformatted your SD card. A while back the Kim Komando show discussed recovering photos from a card with free software. I've tried them and some did better than others. The main thing is DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ELSE TO YOUR CARD!!! That would overwrite deleted files.

Here is her link to the free downloads: http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?id=2938

I also tried GetDataBack for FAT and it was so good I purchased both the FAT and the NTFS versions (expensive but worth it! http://runtime.org/data-recovery-products.htm)

Hopefully it is not too late for you to try the free recovery apps from above
sad.gif

Chalmers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM