https://www.patreon.com/posts/15337913

Last edited by Cubuss,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to agree on LibretroRetro's stance on 3.0.0 being the only exploitable firmware and how limiting it would be to justify a RA port. If RA can be ported and run on many firmware versions, I'm all for it.

@ShadowOne333 @ploggy Sounds like the PSX dynarec was a bust, seems that the one behind it turned tail and fled. Why am I not surprised? :angry: Why on earth did he just abandon it?

Also 3.0.0 being the only exploitable version, yeah, I may have to pass.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gonna have to agree on LibretroRetro's stance on 3.0.0 being the only exploitable firmware and how limiting it would be to justify a RA port. If RA can be ported and run on many firmware versions, I'm all for it.
@ShadowOne333 Sounds like the PSX dynarec was a bust, seems that the one behind it turned tail and fled. Shocking.

Daeken was the guy that worked on the first dynarec..

The dynarec bounty is still being worked on dont worry ;)

Also its worth getting Retroarch worked on as soon as possible imo. That way when a new hack comes out for newer Firmwares its better to have a Retroarch port ready made than have to start from there..

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daeken was the guy that worked on the first dynarec..

The dynarec bounty is still being worked on dont worry ;)

Also its worth getting Retroarch worked on as soon as possible imo. That way when a new hack comes out for newer Firmwares its better to have a Retroarch port ready made than have to start from there..

Provided 4.x.x is exploitable, that part seems uncertain or unclear, not gonna get my hopes up just to be safe. I'm happy at seeing the potentiality, but as far as what will be vulnerable for Switch firmware, not holding my breath :P

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Their concern seems to be about the size of a potential audience as, from general indication, the audience on 3.0.0 or in general compromised hardware is paltry at best (to the point where I didn't even see Pokken make a blip on the radar on usual channels I'd have expected when full Rohan went live and the new broke, suggesting that the general interest or awareness is very low). It would be a good investment for the future but with no timetable on such a thing and a very small audience to work with, it appears that some part of the crew finds it a poor investment of time at the moment.

Daekan retiring probably also dampers spirits.

One big doorway does possibly remain with plutoo's unknown kernel exploit as we have no clear confirmation on its fw but right now he's using that kernel exploit to help build userland tools, so who knows when he'd release it or if he even will.

Reactions: ploggy and Nezztor

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to play MMBN on a back lit screen handheld

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Their concern seems to be about the size of a potential audience as, from general indication, the audience on 3.0.0 or in general compromised hardware is paltry at best (to the point where I didn't even see Pokken make a blip on the radar on usual channels I'd have expected when full Rohan went live and the new broke, suggesting that the general interest or awareness is very low). It would be a good investment for the future but with no timetable on such a thing and a very small audience to work with, it appears that some part of the crew finds it a poor investment of time at the moment.

Daekan retiring probably also dampers spirits.

One big doorway does possibly remain with plutoo's unknown kernel exploit as we have no clear confirmation on its fw but right now he's using that kernel exploit to help build userland tools, so who knows when he'd release it or if he even will.
The switch was a limited 300 dollar item, people will be able to get them now that the holiday rush is happening.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch was a limited 300 dollar item, people will be able to get them now that the holiday rush is happening.

A Switch in and of itself isn't going to be useful for them and is besides the point, look at the discussion quoted. They need and their audience needs specifically 3.0.0 for the current homebrew access onto which RA would be ported.

And Switches entering the market this holiday are't going to be 3.0.0.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Switch in and of itself isn't going to be useful for them and is besides the point, look at the discussion quoted. They need and their audience needs specifically 3.0.0 for the current homebrew access onto which RA would be ported.

And Switches entering the market this holiday are't going to be 3.0.0.
I work retail and look at the systems on a daily basis and all of our recent (past 3 days) stock is 2.3.0-3.0.0 I've only seen 3 systems on 3.0.1 and who's to say more flaws are not found over time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16