Hacking Possible New Way To Homebrew a Nintendo Switch

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all anyone can use this idea because i don't know how to program or anything i just like cfw and all of that. Second someone might have already come up with this idea i don't want to take credit for it. But if no one has thought of this idea before you don't have to but could I at least be in the credits file of the exploit?

Anyways with all that out of the way my idea for an exploit is to create a photo album exploit. I know the switch can read photos from an sd card if you put them in the right place and since Nintendo probably does not think anyone would exploit the photo album it could be easily exploitable even on 6.0.0. Basically we would use a similar type of photo exploit that the psp used for it's photo exploit. The one where there was a bunch of photos then you launched one and it took you to the cfw installation menu for the psp. If you could create one similar that worked with the switch then you could exploit it pretty easily I think even on 6.0.0. I know most switches support RCM but for people who bought their switch recently (like me) RCM has most likely been patched so it would nice to have this exploit for people like me. Anyways someone please tell me if this is possible if it is I hope someone can make it happen.

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
while we are on the subject of exploits my switch can access RCM mode but it and payloads can be injected but they cant be displayed. would a simple update be all that is needed to TegraRCMGui in order to inject payloads into newer switches that can still boot into RCM mode?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
while we are on the subject of exploits my switch can access RCM mode but it and payloads can be injected but they cant be displayed. would a simple update be all that is needed to TegraRCMGui in order to inject payloads into newer switches that can still boot into RCM mode?
You have ipatched unit then.
So you can't use rcm exploits ever. You'll have to wait for other exploits.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

SupImBirDy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got my switch I’d load Hekate and then run a CFW and it would freeze or an error would pop. So I updated to 5.1 and they started to work with no error, unless you got a new patched switch

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok it kind of makes sense i guess i should of known nintendo would not have left their album that open

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
ok it kind of makes sense i guess i should of known nintendo would not have left their album that open
It's more that, even if there was an exploit in the album (which is unlikely, as Nintendo would have paid special attention to any way the console interfaces with the outside world) it wouldn't allow anything like the level of access fushofelX gives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c