Homebrew Possible new TubeHax exploit (or at least crash)

• Thread starter jsa
  • Start date
  • Views 14,108
  • Replies 133
  • Likes 7

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4866324.jpg

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to rain on your parade, but this thread sorta makes my head hurt. Even a reliable crash (as we have here) does not equate to being exploitable, and is most likely a waste of time. You've discovered and can reliably replicate undefined behavior. Congrats, I guess? I'm guessing that you have no idea of the systems status at the point of the crash, and if arbitrary code execution is even viable. I'd guess since there was already one exploit based on YouTube that they probably went through this with a fine toothed comb to make sure it doesn't happen again.

On a side note, if something actually does come of this, please don't stick with the name jailbreak, as the term doesn't make sense in the context of the 3ds (if you look into what it actually does in the iPhone/iPod environment it sorta makes sense there, but certainly not here).

Last edited by dubbz82,
Reactions: Purge

jsa

OP
Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hate to rain on your parade, but this thread sorta makes my head hurt. Even a reliable crash (as we have here) does not equate to being exploitable, and is most likely a waste of time. You've discovered and can reliably replicate undefined behavior. Congrats, I guess? I'm guessing that you have no idea of the systems status at the point of the crash, and if arbitrary code execution is even viable. I'd guess since there was already one exploit based on YouTube that they probably went through this with a fine toothed comb to make sure it doesn't happen again.

On a side note, if something actually does come of this, please don't stick with the name jailbreak, as the term doesn't make sense in the context of the 3ds (if you look into what it actually does in the iPhone/iPod environment it sorta makes sense there, but certainly not here).
Yeah, I get that, but I figured it was worth looking into since spider28hax is still possible (in theory) with the browser version embedded in the YouTube app. :)

I can't say I'm an experienced dev but hey, it doesn't hurt to see what can be done.

Also, I wanted to go with HackMii but Team Twiizers got there 8 years earlier :3
I guess maybe CrashMii or something for this PoC, LOL
When it works perhaps TubejUiCE ? (Tube Userland Code Execution) I don't really care about name for the moment though, LOL, so Tubehax 2 for the moment

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone may have already said this in this thread, but: the bug that causes this crash is there, but the ability to RUN a payload (or unsigned code), is NOT.

I was sorta beating around the bush with my post, but yeah that's kinda the point I was trying to get at. Unless there's actually some second exploitable thing in youtube, this is likely a dead end.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, exactly. Pretty sure we had a similar thread before, too. It got locked.
there was a post where someone tried to fool us into thinking, that browserhax magicly worked on 10.6. when we asked him what his browser version was he posted a badly photoshopped pic of the browser version.

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there was a post where someone tried to fool us into thinking, that browserhax magicly worked on 10.6. when we asked him what his browser version was he posted a badly photoshopped pic of the browser version.
I was referring to an older tubehax thread (mid November 2015..?).

I saw that thread too though.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The YouTube app is a glitchfest.

It will literally crash without even the need for exploits and shit. I can't even watch a 5 minute video without the app crashing, so discovering a random crash in the app is nothing special, really.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS crashes when I remove the battery, so BatteryHax confirmed?

I'm kidding.
Yes, don't worry. Just print out the .bin file for the 10.7 payload on standard 8.5x11 paper, open the battery itself manually, stick the "payload" inside, and run your 3DS with it!
WARNING: THIS COULD BREAK YOUR 3DS. OR BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR HOUSE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: