Homebrew Possible new TubeHax exploit (or at least crash)

• Thread starter jsa
  • Start date
  • Views 14,139
  • Replies 133
  • Likes 7

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i feel like we had similar threads like this before and they usually end up with someone saying 'guys a crash is not an exploit' or something like that?
That's normally true, but this is an exploit we already know to work in Spider and since the YouTube app is using webkit as well and spider28hax manages to crash it, it seems likely that it's exploitable. No doubt Nintendo will patch it quickly and block the old YouTube app from working just like they did before but until then it's a potential free entrypoint for those stuck on 10.6 or 10.7 with no way to run homebrew.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's normally true, but this is an exploit we already know to work in Spider and since the YouTube app is using webkit as well and spider28hax manages to crash it, it seems likely that it's exploitable. No doubt Nintendo will patch it quickly and block the old YouTube app from working just like they did before but until then it's a potential free entrypoint for those stuck on 10.6 or 10.7 with no way to run homebrew.
OP or someone else just needs to get it working :D

jsa

OP
Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aw, good try. Did you try otherapp or ropbin?
Ropbin

I'll try the O3DS ropbin as well, see if that makes a difference, though it might be just that the memory addresses in the ropbin are all wrong for the YT app
do not use this payload on Old3DS outside of spider, and on New3DS do not use this loader outside of SKATER
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_browserhax_common

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Take two, I guess

jsa

OP
Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, Smea or someone might need to recode the payload to account for the memory addresses.
Looks like it, another crash + reboot with the O3DS ropbin on my SD

I'll see if I can get it to run on my 9.2 sysnand, that way we'll know if we just need to redo the ropbin

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hope something works. Maybe someone like yls8 could help since he made spider28hax

Would give it a shot, but my 3DS is at 9.2. Someone really needs to tweet this out to Smea or something.
I already tweeted it at him. I hope he sees it

Reactions: jsa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A