Hacking Question Possible My Nintendo Rewards abuse?

ANTONIOPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
20180218_091751.jpg

I don't know how this system works but I think Nintendo gives you the points based on the ID or hash of the game card stored on the Ninty database, but what if someone with cfw access tries to spoof the id of the game card and the id matches with a real one? Do you think people could abuse this system?. Consoles would probably get banned but hey, who knows?

Edited: Guys, this is just a question, ok? I don't pretend to steal anything.

Last edited by ANTONIOPS,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
what if someone with cfw access tries to spoof the id of the game card and the id matches with a real one?
That's a great idea! Let's literally steal others' MyNintendo points! /s

ArcLP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the people complaining about this don't really understand how this kind of thing works. I've got no opinion on OP's plan but just a heads up, it may be wrong to some, but life and systems doesn't fully work like that.

Even then I doubt OPs plan is fully possible. There'd probably be some validation issues upon trying. (PROBABLY)

Reactions: ExZardoz

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 114643

I don't know how this system works but I think Nintendo gives you the points based on the ID or hash of the game card stored on the Ninty database, but what if someone with cfw access tries to spoof the id of the game card and the id matches with a real one? Do you think people could abuse this system?. Consoles would probably get banned but hey, who knows?

When you register a game card, NIM makes a request to the following URL:

Code:
https://beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net/v1/rom_cards/register?application_id=<title_id>&rom_card_cert=<game cart's unique certificate>

The uploaded certificate is verified serverside with RSA, using keydata that only Nintendo has.

I am pretty confident there is zero possibility for forgery -- the system is secure.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All you're going to get are crappy wallpapers or discounts on games you're not going to buy anyways. Pretty pointless if you ask me.

...But this line of thinking might just be why we DON'T have any physical rewards yet.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

ANTONIOPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When you register a game card, NIM makes a request to the following URL:

Code:
https://beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net/v1/rom_cards/register?application_id=<title_id>&rom_card_cert=<game cart's unique certificate>

The uploaded certificate is verified serverside with RSA, using keydata that only Nintendo has.

I am pretty confident there is zero possibility for forgery -- the system is secure.

Ahh ok, so one way would be by brute forcing the keys but that can take ages, or by crafting a valid certificate but that won't work if nintendo stores all the generated certificates in a database.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a Nintendo Platinum rewards member for years before they stopped that whole thing and i can tell you right now all of its rewards were utter trash and all the good ones were first come first serve.

D

Deleted User

I redeemed my splatoon 2 my friends and my copy, and it redeemed both. Maybe it's stored online/in the system?

FenexFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i remember hearing that eventually these coins are going to allow you to buy games like 500 coins is 5 EUR (i say EUR cause i didn't hear it mention any other currency) and also be used to get discounts like 500 coins = 5 EUR = 5 EUR discount of a game

so if what i remember is true this could be a big problem for nintendo and i assume they will try to ban anyone that tries it.

I could be completely wrong tho about any of this

Last edited by FenexFox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: