Hardware Possible issue with mSD but best way to diagnose

h8177

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Having an issue which points to microSD reader but have run out of ideas to pinpoint the problem.
When I try to load Hekate 5.2.1, I get the error "Missing LP0 (sleep mode) library!"....and "failed to init SD card".
I've taken apart and analyze mSD connector on motherboard side as well as on reader side. They both look intact, no missing pins.
Took out the voltmeter to test continuity with the pad on left side against the lego pins on motherboard and all is good, same with mSD connector side between solder points on sd slot and male pin connector.
Then final test was to install mSD reader to motherboard and test continuity between motherboard pad and sd slot solder points and they look good. I've ruled out mSD card since I've tried at least 5 different ones from 16GB to 64GB in size both in FAT32 and exFAT. I've also tried with another mSD reader same problem. Putting slight pressure on the back of the connector doesn't seem to help either.
This pinpoints me to the motherboard side having the issue.
What else would I need to check to figure out which pin is bad, short of soldering a bridge on the pad to mSD reader.

Attachments

• SUNP0001.JPG
    SUNP0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
  • SUNP0003.JPG
    SUNP0003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • sd-continuity-test.jpg
    sd-continuity-test.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 130

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
All seems fine, but remember that the pins on the board are tricky, they might seem ok but maybe one is broken. Try brushing it gently with something (dry toothbrush) and see if one pin snaps off.

Edit: Also test the grounding, try another ground on your switch (a screw or something)

Last edited by Waicol,
Reactions: h8177

h8177

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip, I will try gently brushing with a toothbrush to see if anything is loose when I get back to my switch later as well as testing another ground point. Just seems odd for connection to be broken even though continuity with pad points are good.

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It could maybe be corrotion, try cleaning it with a q tip with vinegar, is your swtich exposed to steam or humidity?

Last edited by Waicol,

h8177

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to to clean both connectors with a soft nylon brush and re-example pins. Pins look OK. I also tried multiple ground points and that is not a problem either. Still getting same "failed to init SD card" error. Unfortunately, I do not know the condition of this switch, it was given to me but I will try cleaning the pins tomorrow in case of corrosion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end