Gaming Possible Good News for CFW 5.55

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same spanish team that i posted a topic about a few days ago (The one with the video about CFW 5.55), is susposedly releasing a beta between Friday and Monday. Guess we will get to see if its real or not by then (I pray its real....)

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
only time will tell I guess.......if its not "too" buggy then I may give it a shot but I will definately wait to see what others think of it first.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
The same spanish team that i posted a topic about a few days ago (The one with the video about CFW 5.55), is susposedly releasing a beta between Friday and Monday. Guess we will get to see if its real or not by then (I pray its real....)

Are you refering to the team that makes the GEN CFW? If so, then it is probably real, though it will be very buggy until several bugfix releases later.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the 5.50 OFW patch the tiff expilot(ChickHEN)? Wouldn't upgrading to 5.50 CFW also do that? Meaning that the PSP 3000 can't use it? I'm not quite entirely sure how it would work, anyone mind explaining?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Spartan117H3 said:
Doesn't the 5.50 OFW patch the tiff expilot(ChickHEN)? Wouldn't upgrading to 5.50 CFW also do that? Meaning that the PSP 3000 can't use it? I'm not quite entirely sure how it would work, anyone mind explaining?

You are correct. Just like the 5.50 CFW it will only work on Pandora compatible systems (all fat and ta-088v1/v2 slim, but not ta-088v3 slim or 3000). Note that it might be possible to get 5.5X CFW working on the 3000 by using some kind of devhook like setup (boot into 5.5X CFW stored on the memory stick from ChickHEN), but I don't think that has been looked into yet.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this will come out with a stable release before Soul Callibur hits the US. I'm really looking forward to playing it
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs