Possible for an android app to act like an amiibo?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Silithas, Apr 9, 2017.

1. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Yea I also have been trying and I think it emulator a task for a nfc reader like set task turn on home wifi, you scan you phone and WiFi turn on.. I also ordered a ton from Aliexpress, no way will I pay 30 bucks for 10 tags in 4 days when I can pay 30 get 50 and wait a few weeks..

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Android's Host Card Emulation feature doesn't support that specific tag type.
    However, I heard of someone successfully emulating Amiibos using a phone with a modded kernel, nothing was released though (something about legality concerns) and of course it will only work on a specific phone. Not really worth it for someone to create modded kernels for all sorts of phones just to emulate Amiibos when the tags are so cheap.
    For 30 bucks you can get 100 of them :)

3. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Well I spent the extra 10 for faster shipping, but I also got the pvc cards not the stickers so they were a few cents more per card. I also don't even need 50, just enough to make two full amiibo sets for botw with all the drops.

4. Silithas
    OP

Silithas GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2012
    Norway
    Yeah, it's only 4 bucks for me, so isn't really that much, specially if i order cards for 30 bucks that'll be 70 cards inc shipping xD And 30 bucks is 7 bucks less than what i can order from without getting additional 25% import fee :P So for me it's worth it to buy in a bigger bulk since i also have a very bad paitence hehe.

So think i'm gonna buy 37 cards to reach a "200 kroner" mark, as i can't spend too much as i'm hard saving up to a england trip in july. So can't be greedy here heh.
    But 37 cards is still nearly 4 times as much than my last order.

Last edited by Silithas, Apr 9, 2017
  5. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    I got a 3d printer so i like the sticker i make custom tabs and put the sticker on it.

Attached Files:

6. K1NDN3SSS

K1NDN3SSS Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2017
    United States
    It is possible, and everyone who says it isn't is wrong, but nobody wants to make it I guess. *As far as I know

7. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You can spoof Android NFC chip with root access temporarily so this could technically work.

K1NDN3SSS likes this.
  8. Omicronics

Omicronics Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    United States
    So my Samsung phone is being read by the switch, it makes the amiibo beep sound in BOTW but it detects

9. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    powertags do the same thing when you try to write them with tagmo, maybe because they aren't finalized and locked? idk...

10. Omicronics

Omicronics Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    United States
    You could be right, I'm doing some research and i'm writing something. I hookedup a Joycon to my PC and im seeing if I can use it to write.

11. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    ntag215's are NOT cheap right now unless ordered from China. Go on eBay or Amazon, and they are over $1 each, even if you buy 100 at a time. That's not cheap in my eyes. They should only run about 50¢ or less a piece, but the ntag craze is probably inflating the prices.

Vulpes-Vulpeos likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted