Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
There have been reports of the latest Wii Motion+ controllers not working in any kind of homebrew on wiihacks and gbatemp. While homebrew apps in general cannot get around this atm, I think I know of a semi-fix for people who want to play games from a USB loader (especially Skyward Sword) and just bought a new Motion+ remote.

First install WiiGSC, then use it to create a shortcut channel to your game. Since it loads the game without requiring you to press any buttons, you should be able to load the game without issue.

This is not a great fix since it requires one channel per game.

Update: slot has verified that this does work.

Nevermind this thread, loaders have been updated to work with the new Wii remotes.

Reactions: 1 person

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mariokart pack black remoteplus works fine, so do the pink ones.No problem here.
Also the older WM+ addon has'nt given me any isseus when loading games from usb loader.

What Wiimote+ are those people using btw...?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Might be possible that the new wii revision comes with these wiimotes. Although Im not so sure about it...

Its a god tip this though, and hopefully it works so we dont have be spammed with "zomg my wii remote (;))isnt working!!!111one" *wishful thinking*

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Might be possible that the new wii revision comes with these wiimotes. Although Im not so sure about it...

Its a god tip this though, and hopefully it works so we dont have be spammed with "zomg my wii remote ( ;))isnt working!!!111one" *wishful thinking*
Well they work fine with everything official. The spamming is inevitable, just like monitors enslaving the human race (see the "So I've got a little dilemma" thread for more info). Since Team Twiizers seems to have given up on the homebrew channel, I doubt they will be updating it if a fix is ever discovered. Hopefully this will help calm newbies down though.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have a brand new black Wii here that came with Motion+ controller. It works fine in Homebrew Channel, Wiiflow and a couple of other homebrew apps I tested. No problems so far.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No problems here too, my black wiimote plus works fine with every homebrew, and my old wiimote with wii motion plus too.

slot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that have working a Wiimote+ in HBC please open your battery compartment on the device and look for the line resembling LMX-RVL-WR/X-XX

I have a new Wiimote+ (purchased yesterday) reading LMA-RVL-WR/Z-C4 and it is not working. Tried every sync method under the sun.

Edit: The WiiGSC channel did work. This fixed the problem for me.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
For those that have working a Wiimote+ in HBC please open your battery compartment on the device and look for the line resembling LMX-RVL-WR/X-XX

I have a new Wiimote+ (purchased yesterday) reading LMA-RVL-WR/Z-C4 and it is not working. Tried every sync method under the sun.

I will check the line when I come home.

I have a brand new black Wii here that came with Motion+ controller. It works fine in Homebrew Channel, Wiiflow and a couple of other homebrew apps I tested. No problems so far.
Did you buy it this month?
It was bought on 21. november. It was a new batch that the store just got that day. Bought in Denmark.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I will check the line when I come home.

Did you buy it this month?
It was bought on 21. november. It was a new batch that the store just got that day. Bought in Denmark.
Reports started on the 29th or something.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

The one I have here is LMB-RVL-WR/H-C0

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

The one I have here is LMB-RVL-WR/H-C0
You have an older model. At this point it's likely that most purchases will just be older ones that have been sitting on the shelf.

Despite how annoying it is, I can't help but be a little impressed with Nintendo. Instead of blocking things like exploits with an update (in which case you just don't update), they blocked the use of homebrew by preventing the remote from syncing. Even if a fix is discovered, not many apps are still being updated (although I will update mine).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.