Possible dev unit PS4 control.

zanfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructiod posted what is likely to be the Dev unit prototype of the ps4 control. Seems to fit the rumors of the front touch pad. http://www.destructoid.com/what-the-hell-is-this-the-new-playstation-controller--244985.phtml

244985-ibb.jpg

D

Deleted_171835

That looks er, interesting. Doesn't deviate much from the standard DualShock design.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pretty cool - a huge screen isn't necessary... although I'm appreciate if it was 16:9, the aspect ratio seems weird. It can be in the center, Sony - we're ready for it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If true, they didn't change it too much. So the people who didn't want change wouldn't complain much.
A bit surprise it isn't in the back like the vita, since it isn't a screen.

Or is it a screen?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pretty cool - a huge screen isn't necessary... although I'm appreciate if it was 16:9, the aspect ratio seems weird. It can be in the center, Sony - we're ready for it.
I don't think it's meant to show the entire game screen, just a couple context-dependent buttons, so it doesn't have to have a standard aspect ratio.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, doesn't look like they deviated much from Dual Shock design
Assuming this is real, of course.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controller seems a bit bigger, which is good. I like the indent in the analog sticks - it beats the rounded nub any day. There's no clear view of the controller's back, but I hope Sony gets rid of the PS3's triggers. Even just buttons would be preferable.

I'm not exactly sold on the need for a touchpad, but whatever. If this is legitimate (which it likely is, at this point), it's not bad. I'll be looking PS4-ward to the inevitable announcement.

Reactions: ekko25

zanfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what the touchpad willl really be used for. Its not big enough to work like the wii u's, so aside from some really minor like swipe movements or an added button or 2, i cant see people using it for much.

This is gonna be one weird gen, it seems everyone has some sort of built in thing to make their system different. Not sure what devs will do when they are faced with wii u's big touch screen, then ps4 mini touchpad and likely the built in kinect for the 720. Seems like development nightmare to try and do something for each one (and we know 3rd party is moving more and more away from being exclusive).

pierslogic

Perfectionist
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well aside from it being thicker and having a touch pad, I just hope they make the final version a bit more sleek to the design. Btw, anyone know what that blue light thing is?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reference, it's not a touchscreen, just a touchpad a la the back of the Vita.

Also this (if it's even real) is a dev unit and subject to change. Currently it kinda looks like a third party brand controller.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reference, it's not a touchscreen, just a touchpad a la the back of the Vita.

Also this (if it's even real) is a dev unit and subject to change. Currently it kinda looks like a third party brand controller.

I think it is 90% complete, looks like it still needs some final touches to finish it.

Sort of looks like Sony wanted to try something new but didn't want to jump in the pool so they just stuck a leg in...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is 90% complete, looks like it still needs some final touches to finish it.

Sort of looks like Sony wanted to try something new but didn't want to jump in the pool so they just stuck a leg in...

Which is good for me because I'm sick of companies competing for the world's worst fucking controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs