1. k28

OP k28 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    so i got a console in. the owner said that after not using it for a while the console wouldnt charge. plugged in the amp meter and it takes .42 amps with a black screen. the console charges even with black screen. i first thought it was the m92t or pi3 ic and replaced those. still the same problem. will replace the bq20 ic tomorrow. hekate starts and i have access to the mmc. but after the athmosphere logo i still get a black screen. today i told the owner that maybe we can bring the console to work with a cfw and he then told me that he already was using a cfw. after further questioning he told me that he also used chaidejournx before.

so my problem is that i dont know if this is an apu problem or a brick. obviously the owners behavior isnt helpfull at all. the switch was in perfect conditions. no drop damages or shorted ics. i recently got alot of switches which wouldnt boot ofw but had no issues starting cfw. but all of them had also shorted ics etc.

as you can see this switch is a little puzzle. is there anyway to check if the console is bricked? like dumping the MMC and checking it with hopefully a software for this specific purpose? :D if bricked, is there anyway to unbrick thee console?
    if its not bricked it still could be the apu i think. but maybe its just the mmc itself. so maybe the console would run with emummc is my hope.

i greatfully accapt any other suggestions.

thx!

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If its really "bricked", you can try rebuilding the NAND with ChoiDujour.

3. MaxiBus

MaxiBus GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Without thd owners help you will have a hard way debugging this. Didnt he make a Nand Backup?

4. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    He probably tried to downgrade. Try to update FW to latest?

This sometimes happens with custom themes.

Last edited by eyeliner, Sep 6, 2020
  5. k28

OP k28 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany

is it possible to create a EMMC image when no backup is availible and the emmc modul is damaged?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States

7. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    k28 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - possible, bricked, console