Hacking Possible Brick???

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meant to say BRICK lool

i tried using dop mii to upgrade some ios's so i could get sonic 4 working and i installed a few others too that looked out dated. and when i left dop and turned off the wii and back on it goes through my pri-loader?? (the one with 4 icons) like usual but then blacks out and never goes to the sys menu. i tried the reset whet it gets to the loader and it didnt do anything either.
... all cause i needed to update since i couldn't even install the wad for that sonc smh

any ideas where to start?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably installed a stub IOS that your system menu needed to use. Don't do anything stupid from this point and read and reread any directions you see 3 times. You're close to a brick.

I think you should be able to access the HBC and install IOS70, 80, 60 in non-stub form.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
The one with four icons should be BootMii. And do what W hat said, and be careful. Boot into your Homebrew Channel, and install the non-stub IOS60, 70, and 80. After you're finished, make yourself a NAND backup, because it sounds like you do have BootMii at boot2, so you can easily save yourself next time if you indeed brick.

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant boot into that cause its set up to wait 1 sec or less then auto load to menu . and when i pressed reset ( i think thats how to get into that mode when u have it auto booting to menu) it still went to a black screen

btw i have bootmi , on 4.1U and have a dc29 key or w/e its called.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Press and hold reset when starting up to get Priiloader. If you have BootMii at boot2, put the files back onto your SD and it should load up. From there, get into your Homebrew Channel.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I believe that of you just tap the power button within the one second after you turn it on it should cancel the autoboot, and you can then hit the power button untill the homebrew channel icon is highlighted, then press reset. (I'm talkin about the buttons on the wii itself, not the remote)
The homebrew channel should now load

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can access your SD card and change the autoboot to take longer
tongue.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You stubbed your system menu IOS (IOS60, installing last version)

Run DOP-Mii again and choose to install IOS60 v6174 and your problem should be solved.

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mucho gracias. it worked. just curious since u and that other fella know about ios's do you know which ones i need installed to Install and then which ones to play that soniv 4 ep1? im on 4.1 and everything works like usb loader, all emu etc etc

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
damingraham said:
mucho gracias. it worked. just curious since u and that other fella know about ios's do you know which ones i need installed to Install and then which ones to play that soniv 4 ep1? im on 4.1 and everything works like usb loader, all emu etc etc

Reinstall IOS56 v5661, but this time without patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: