Hacking possibilty of reading VC/WW games from front

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well nintendo may not of implemented it for the fact of piracy, but also the fact that you would have a directory from the wii internals on the SD card while could be used as an exploit maybe?(i dunno but anyway) could we maybe just redirect the IOS to read the SD card back to the /shared1(or is it shared?) folder from the /dev1(or what ever it is, i cant find my nand backup)? the bad thing about this is you would get a lot of folders/files on the SD card unless you could read native .wad files, anyways thoughts?

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
well that didnt elborate much, arm. Linkin it seems like a good idead but if they coud do that , would it be possible to get the wii to read a file on the sd card to bypass coy protection? I think that is one of the things they are working on since Bushing released his email.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
podunk1269 said:
well that didnt elborate much, arm. Linkin it seems like a good idead but if they coud do that , would it be possible to get the wii to read a file on the sd card to bypass coy protection? I think that is one of the things they are working on since Bushing released his email.
well we wouldnt need to destroy the security, just either, unpack the wad, and copy the correct files to the correct folder(would requite a lot of work for that really) write homebrew to 1 install the game then copy the content in its installed form to the sd card, then let the system read it off like it was on the nand, which made my thing duel booting, could the SD card slot be used as a sub-system duel nand? no system files just VC games? or a full system on it, and just boot from that and not the internal, im getting way over my head here but o well

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is possible, but it's not easy.

What we are here talking about is an ISO loader, because, VC/WW games have the same structure as a normal Game DVD.
the only difference is, VC/WW uses a NAND Loader, the Game uses a APP Loader, the files are the same.

with some *.dol editing it should be possible to load SHARED1 and other files from SD/USB, and this is nothing other then an simple ISO Loader...

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfgd said:
with some *.dol editing it should be possible to load SHARED1 and other files from SD/USB, and this is nothing other then an simple ISO Loader...

I have a problem with "simple" being used like that.

With bushings and wankioko's discoveries, I imagine that it is not to much longer till someone figures out how to boot wii ware/vc from DVD flawlessly.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you wonder why other forums talk down to GBATemp?

Do you really have to create a million threads with the same banter?

The fact of the matter is, this isn't a necessity right now, nor will it ever be. If you want it worked on, you're going to have to do it yourself... so turn your speculations into an internal monologue.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
siggy2guitar said:
someone could probally make an emulator for the vc games and put it into a channel.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've read in a very long time.

There are already emulators for almost every console that is on VC. There are already channels made for these emulators.

Damn people..... give it a rest.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
linkinworm, were you drunk (this is a serious question) ?

seriously, this kind of post have been posted so many time, this is always the same story: someone suddenly have a revolutionnary idea that nobody has thought before (lol), some other come and wisely say "it's possible but it will be hard" and at the end what's the point ? this is going nowhere because you don'y have a fuckin' clue about what you are talking , you are simply mixing thing you read somewhare with things you don't really masterize
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end