Possibility of SFIV on Wii?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jun 13, 2009.

Jun 13, 2009

Possibility of SFIV on Wii? by Rock Raiyu at 6:40 PM (1,270 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    [​IMG]

News Source: Kotaku

I'll stick it to Capcom on this. They DID bring Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to the west so something like this I would expect from them.

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Not gonna happen.

EDIT: Wait, I take that back. I forgot about the possibility of Street Fighter IV Archives: Extraction, an exclusive on-the-rails "guided experience" specifically tailored for the Wii.

3. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

You never know...
    but i would rather stick with the 360.

4. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    This is a Nintendo site, X360 fanboy [​IMG]

JK [​IMG]

Would love to see that on Wii. Haven't played the one for 360, and I prefer playability over graphics.

5. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Ya know, "never" is a harsh word. "Unlikely" fits the bill here, but who knows.

It fits right into the "I never say Impossible," category. Improbable is true. Impossible isn't real anymore (thanks science!).

6. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Give me 3rd Strike with online mode and my answer to this question would be: who cares [​IMG]

7. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I'd love it on the wii. I don't have a ps3/360. [​IMG] but I can live without it. I got capcom vs tatsunoko. American version with online. Yesssss. I just hope the wifi isn't bad.. [​IMG] considering it's nintendo and a fighting game..

8. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Extremely improbable since Capcom most likely won't decrease the graphics of SFIV to put it on the Wii and risk bad sales, but not exactly impossible since good quality fighting games have been made for the Wii.

9. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    as much as i would love this to happen its more likely that they will make a WII exclusive SF game

10. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Unless Nintenod release a HD Upgrade of sorts for the wii their really is and unlikely chance of us getting Street Fighter 4. But hey look on the bright side, next gen theyll be releasing Super HD Wii for the same price as the regular Wii

11. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Capcom ported Street Fighter II to pretty much every gaming device possible in the 90's [​IMG]

I can see them using the Tatsunoko VS Capcom engine to make Wii,PS2 and PSP ports of SFIV.

More money! Why not?

12. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Tbh, a Street Fighter sequel not on a Ninty Console is almost like a Terminator movie without Arnold (i mean not even in a scene).

13. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    This is CAPCOM we're talking about here.
    They'll port SFIV to everything.

14. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    I don't really want a SF4 on a console that will be reduce to a pseudo gameplay. What I do want Capcom to do is really a Collab of Street Fighter games from Genesis to PS2 with ONLINE gameplay. That will be much more epic then a water down wii version of SF4

15. EnigmaXtreme

Australia
    What ive wanted for years is

STREET FIGHTER vs. MORTAL KOMBATTTTTTTTTTTTT

Im talking 16 bit old school fighting, two of the 90's biggest franchises toe to toe, or have been blind and has this already been released and I havent known about it?

16. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    street fighter .v. smash bros. and I will sleep happy

17. EnigmaXtreme

Australia
    Street Fighter vs. Killer Instinct vs. Mortal Kombat vs. The King of Fighters

Equals

Orgasm-awesome!

18. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Same here.
    I'd love some SF3 on the Wii.
    Hell give me some SF:Aplha and SF3 anthologies.
    Beat Nintendo with a stick till they allow good online play.
    And bam, would be a awesome.

As far as I can tell I'd think SF4 could work on the Wii just fine.
    Replace some useless graphic effects on the water backgrounds and the like with some less flashy ones and I'd think it would run it. Maybe even remove the paint celshading effects or replacethem with better coded ones.
    Really, I don't see SF4 as a really big time high graphic game.
    Sure the fighters look real fancy but the backgrounds looked kinda cheap and blocky in some parts.
    Like those kids in the overpass stage (I think its the overpass anyway) they don't really have all that detail to them. Mostly in the models though, I'll give tons of cred for the high resolution textures atleast.
    Though in a fighting game like this, only the fighters need to really look that good anyway.
    The lower polygon models could fit easy.
    I'm not ofcourse saying SF4 is not a beutifull game, but rather its not insane horse power kick you in the face graphics hog.
    I'm sure the Wii could handle it all with some optimizing at least.
    The online features and save file space is a whole nother story, but its managable.

You know what I say though?
    I say Capcom is just holding out and driving everyone nuts on purpose.
    Waiting to see just how many fans are waiting for a Wii release.
    Surprising enough that Tatsunoko VS Capcom even made it to the US at all.
    So I say they are waiting for the right time to hit sales and they have the game already mostly done as we speak.
    It makes sense to me that they would wait as the Wii doesn't look like a Hardcore gamer's perfect machine, though every hardcore gamer seems to have one anyway. xD

I really hope they release SF4 for it eventually.
    I don't care how the graphics look.
    Hell, they could just make it all 2D.... infact I'm sure plenty of people would love that.
    I'd still want it.
    Though ya, all that's holding it back is Capcom's unsureness of sales and fans in the Wii base. Graphics are easy enough to handle, thats just bull crap. It doesn't need tons of bloom and blur effects anyway.

Come on Capcom, I really want it though. My Hori Arcade Pad needs some SF4! Come on, stop torturing people.

Then again.... 200 + 60 + 40 is about 300 and thats not too bad for an Xbox360, the game, and an arcade pad. Though I already have a Wii and an arcade pad for that, so why spend more than another fifty?

Though if they release Street Fighter 3 with tons of bells and whistles and throw in lots of classic characters I'd be pretty much forgeting SF4 even exists. SF3 was the best, screw Zangeif he can go cry in the corner with his teddy bear.

19. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    The way I see it, they could definitely port the game to the Wii. They could back-off some details and whatnot, as long as the actual fighting was the same. The Wii is the top-selling console, despite it's weak specs. They could rake in lots of cash even on a watered-down version. It's Street Fighter, for goodness sakes. SF sells no matter what.

I could even see a DS version. It's just that game companies have gotten spoiled with high-spec systems and have forgotten how to write tight code that won't overtax a system. Just look at how good those old GBA versions of SF were, and they were missing 2 buttons. Did that stop them? No, it didn't.

I screwed around with that SF4 benchmark program on the PC and most of the options you could tweak didn't really make that noticeable of a difference to image quality to matter to any fighting game fan. A Wii version is quite feasible. Even a DS version, major watering-down notwithstanding, would work. All they have to do is try. People would buy it, guaranteed. They're just too stupid to realize it.

20. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    i would love if it was released for the wii... but really, theres a PC port. i'll just hang on to the PC version (in shops @ 7 of July).

Now really... who ONLY has a wii for gaming? i mean c'mon, you might not have another console, but you DO have a PC decent enough to run games? right?