Hacking Possibility of Sega 32x/SCD emulation on DSTWO?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I know stuff like PSX and N64 will be impossible on DSTWO, but perhaps the Sega 32x could be emulated? It's only got 256 MB RAM and 3d hardware emulation is not impossible on the DSTWO (Check out I-ROBOT in mame4all) I wouldn't expect 3D games like virtua fighter to run extremely well, but perhaps simpler games like chaotix (not counting the polygonal special stages) and space harrier could work?

Also, I was wondering about sega CD emulation. The SCD is a far less powerful machine than the 32x, except for CD Audio. This brings me to the question, Would the DSTWO's harware have the same problem with CD audio playback/emulation that the DS itself has? (Emulation speed is halved when playing 44.1 mhz CD audio, as happens with NitroGrafx)

It's just speculation for now, but could any of this work?

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
32x hardware would need to be emulated first. Also, it's very unlikely the DSTWO is fast enough to run Genesis + 32x add-on at full speed.

In short words, it's very unlikely you will ever play 32x games on your DS.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, allright, 32x is no.
tongue.gif
That is sorta what I predicted.

But does anybody know if the Dingoo (DSTWO) hardware has the CD-Audio Slowdown issue? It would REALLY make most of the popular SCD Games (Sonic CD, Night Trap) nearly or completely unplayable, having the audio going twice as fast as the video.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThePowerOutage said:
I think the read/write of the slot 1 is too low.
O.P. Did you mean KB?

No, Megahertz....wait...AH, I screwed up. I meant 44.1 KILOHERTZ. What happens with the DS's hardware when emulating CD console (TG16CD is the only one so far) Most of the Power goes toward playing the 44.1 Khz CD audio, leaving the games runnign at about half speed. (If you wanna know what I mean, play ai cho aniki in nitrografx and on the second screen dont kill the flying heads and wait for the music to stop. The game gets twice as fast (normal speed.) Does the DSTWO (dingoo) hardware have this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night