Possibility of Priiloader or StarFall Hacks on vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Skater4599, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Skater4599
    OP

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    I was wondering if anyone has ever tried working on this? I'm aware it's potentially asking for trouble since there is no recovery as of now. But having priiloader with removing some of the annoyances like pressing A on the health screen would help a lot I think. It seems to me that vWii mode takes longer than regular Wii does to boot up already. Plus it would be nice in the event of a banner brick or similar once installed.

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    That results in a brick on a vWii. StartPatch/Starfall have a tendency to brick a real Wii anyway.

neim81094 and Ray Lewis like this.
  3. Skater4599
    OP

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Yeah as I said I'm fully aware of the possibility of problems and starfall has been problematic. I was thinking more a long the lines of priiloader, the problem still remains of getting it SAFELY installed, which there is no way right now.

I was just curious if maybe somone had looked into it at all or anything :)

4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I think Daco Taco is looking into it. The problem is, if you test it, it has to go right, otherwise you get a brick. I'm working on a Priiloader mod, and I've just blocked vWii installs.

5. megazig

megazig SU

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    the sysmenu is encrypted. daco won't be able to apply hacks

Ninja_Carver and JoostinOnline like this.
  6. Supercool330

Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    The file that the Wii U downloads and installs is encrypted, but I didn't think that the system menu binaries on the vWii NAND weren't stored any differently than on a normal Wii. I thought the main problem was that it was a one shot operation, since there is no way to have a custom boot2, if something went wrong, vWii would be bricked with no recourse.

7. megazig

megazig SU

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    the vwii system menu is encrypted

8. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I dumped my vwii nand and am able to access it from real nand wiiflow on actual wii, would any priiloader testing be possible that way, in neek2o environment maybe?

Skater4599 likes this.
  9. Skater4599
    OP

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Encryption throws a big curve ball in there, but I think that's a great place to start, at least for safety of your vWii :D

10. neim81094

neim81094 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    United States
    i think, when we can emulate the WiiU software on a computer or some third party device, we will be able to test more thoroughly because you technically can't brick a emulated WiiU system :yaysp:(you just put fresh system files back up and you are a go)