Gaming Possibility of new hacks with new update.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
petspaps said:
Damn that was kinda the key point. Now that we have it lets get cracking, how about custom items like GoD or DC any of that work?

DC? Do you mean DLC? cus that can be saved.

TuT, says to gave them 24 hours-2weeks for a solution. Someone should have it cracked in a week. An extra week incase they run into problems.

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
petspaps said:
Damn that was kinda the key point. Now that we have it lets get cracking, how about custom items like GoD or DC any of that work?

DC? Do you mean DLC? cus that can be saved.

TuT, says to gave them 24 hours-2weeks for a solution. Someone should have it cracked in a week. An extra week incase they run into problems.

Yer sorry bout that. No like i mean the ones that cost points and are downloaded from a site Microsoft doesnt like, do they work. And others like GoD - Cause if we get them to work we hit the jackpot.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im running Lite touch version 1.0 on a liteon drive, jasper 256mb arcade console.

Is it safe to allow this update? I read in the litetouch relese notes that its reccomended that you flash back to stock firmware when performing MS system updates.

anybody with lite touch updatetd? Any bans?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1gb flash. I get 447 mb to use for xbox stuff. 3.4 mb is left for pc stuff. The remaining info got jacked by crapsoft for "system information"

When the Flash drive is pluged into the pc, only the 3.4 mb is shown. The xbox parts remain undetectable by my compuers. So no you can't get anything done with it for now

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cardyology said:
im running Lite touch version 1.0 on a liteon drive, jasper 256mb arcade console.

Is it safe to allow this update? I read in the litetouch relese notes that its reccomended that you flash back to stock firmware when performing MS system updates.

anybody with lite touch updatetd? Any bans?

Yer your probably gonna wanna flash back then flash your drive again, or just leave it till some1 makes a mod

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It´s never really safe for XBOX Live and like FAST i honestly don´t see how this will lead to a new "hack" (well except they have a really bad bug in it, very unlikely) especially since you still can´t get the cpukey.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"The xbox parts remain undetectable by my compuers"

Tried a sector level access (any half decent hex editor: http://www.x-ways.net/winhex/index-m.html ) or a full NAND dump?

As for flashing back to stock I am not sure, I too saw the NFO but on the other hand I am struggling to see how it would trouble anything (I am happy to acknowledge that there could be a detection method but I fail to see why it would be linked to an update).

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a mistake this morning.

Correction:

The xbox 360 folder is just hidden lol. just set the file brower to show hidden files and it appears. than right click on folder, prop. uncheck hide files and read only. Unfortunely why u can than see the DATs there is currantly no way to read the files in them.

gametut members are being a pain in the @$$. Someone appearently found away. But they have moved the topic into the VIP section. So now we wait for a leak

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow thats cruel, make me want to cry. Oh well god will reward the leaker
wink.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gametut release a command line to extract the files for the packed DATs on usb (they're packed differently than they were on Hard Drive). However there remains no way to inject files back into it.

Give it another day.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My idea was to replace the USB DATs with the ones from the HD. See if there than readable by the 360. I doubt M$ missed such a easy hole. But hey you never know. However I don't have a transfer cable to try this.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am now deciding if I want to join this effort although truth be told I can see little coming of this aside from perhaps making things nominally easier for the man on the street with no equipment and the usual fun of pulling things apart.

The only people who can use unofficial GOD installs are those with a homebrew/JTAG box that are using a rebooter (something that can dodge signing- such installs are signed both by MS and your own console) and I sense the ban of those comes from an entirely different method/cause. If you mean use a USB drive in lieu of a hard drive for NXE installs I say what would it accomplish over regular NXE?

As for repacking (I assume the unpacking is not open source) I would have thought the dat format used here is little more than a wrapper/archival format.

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
I am now deciding if I want to join this effort although truth be told I can see little coming of this aside from perhaps making things nominally easier for the man on the street with no equipment and the usual fun of pulling things apart.

Is that not the goal of hacking an modding games and their respective consoles. As well as saving a few buck in-between,

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Apr 7 2010, 11:51 PM) The only people who can use unofficial GOD installs are those with a homebrew/JTAG box that are using a rebooter (something that can dodge signing- such installs are signed both by MS and your own console) and I sense the ban of those comes from an entirely different method/cause. If you mean use a USB drive in lieu of a hard drive for NXE installs I say what would it accomplish over regular NXE?

So in theory could it be possible for us to make it so that we could say somehow make it work for people without JTAG, unsure if its been discovered yet or if its impossible.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To make it work for someone without JTAG you will need to either break the signing or find the key and neither are likely to happen.

re: response to section of my post. I would never discourage hacking anything (looking back it reads just like that I admit) but I was thinking more that there are more pressing issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.