Possibility of combining Pokemon Plat and HG/SS?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Arno, May 16, 2009.

1. Arno
    OP

Arno GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Since we will now have data from both games (when HG/SS come out), would it somehow be possible to create a patch that could combine both games into one rather large adventure?

I'm not asking that anyone actually DOES it (it's probably an AMAZINGLY large amount of work), I just want to know if it would be possible.

Thanks.

2. nutella

nutella Low Glycemic Index

Sep 4, 2008
    Your nearest supermarket
    How would we know? The game hasn't come out yet but I suppose with a lot of work, its possible. Look at Shiny Gold. It started a few years ago and still isn't finished.

3. Kingfield

Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    no, impossible.

4. Wolfsclaw

Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2003
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Highly unlikely, esp. since you could just play the games themselves. Why re-do everything?

5. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
    Impossible, a brewer would have to recode literally every event which would then change the whole story line so it would be a hack, not a combantaion

6. Tozarian

Tozarian GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    Canada
    Do you mean replacing kanto with sinnoh? Or adding sinnoh and kanto? If so it would be very hard. You would have to tweak large amounts of both stories to make it fit and make it more difficult because you can't just start with low level pokemon all over again.