Gaming Possibilities of Free Content?

Neku_Sakuraba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the possibilities of free content along lines of lets say youtube, skype, IM engine of some kind, or just free apps altogether kinda like The Apple App Store that has a shit load of free app. BUT more importantly, is there a large possibility of youtube on this device. or does the web browser actually use flash?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The Web Browser doesn't use Flash iirc. I'm sure most of this is possible but how likely is it? I really don't know
frown.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
The Web Browser doesn't use Flash iirc. I'm sure most of this is possible but how likely is it? I really don't know
frown.gif
I think he meant it in the form of an independent app.
Did I say something wrong? I was answering the Web Browser question and saying there's always the possibility of most of the apps he speaks of but how likely they are to happen I can't really say.

I'd love to see these too but I have no clue if it'll happen since I haven't heard a word about any of this.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
frown.gif
I think he meant it in the form of an independent app.
Did I say something wrong? I was answering the Web Browser question and saying there's always the possibility of most of the apps he speaks of but how likely they are to happen I can't really say.

I'd love to see these too but I have no clue if it'll happen since I haven't heard a word about any of this.
Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
we'll start seeing these things once the 3DS gets hacked. until then, i HIGHLY DOUBT Nintendo letting YouTube and Skype (Microsoft owned Skype now, IIRC) on the 3DS, let alone officially. They wouldn't even let Flash on their browser, and how many browsers have they made for the handheld already? Three, from the DS Browser with slot2 RAM pack, to the DSi Browser to the 3DS browser, all Flash-free.

if people haven't gotten the message by now, then i dunno. but as far as i see it, Flash won't happen.

D

Deleted_171835

It's certainly possible. A video-game developer company could decide to make a 3DSWare (my bet is on Nnooo) that has the ability to access Skype, Youtube among other things. Although, I haven't read the license so there may be some exceptions.

If you're referring to free content in general, Nintendo has already gave away a fair bit. And Flipnote Studio 3DS will also be coming.
  • Excitebike 3D
  • Nintendo Video
  • Pokedex 3D
  • Ambassador Games (for those who purchased it before price-drop)

D

Deleted_171835

POaiw.png

Ah, it appears developers are not allowed to make a Youtube or Skype app. Damn it, Nintendo.

Neku_Sakuraba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
POaiw.png

Ah, it appears developers are not allowed to make a Youtube or Skype app. Damn it, Nintendo.

Hmmm Thats surprising. i mean if they made they're device even more sociable wouldn't that draw in all sorts of different customers. i mean if you saw the Wii U there was video chat! I wonder who will do that HMMMM. ANd Anyways the 3DS has netflix so thats means the 3DS can stream movies so why not 10 min vids?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...