Hacking Possiable ways to softmod the Wii

Krono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if we're talking about a softmod here, who's to say someone wouldn't be able to find a way to do away with all that "blank" space on Wii discs? I'd also like to know, where can I go to see some real intelligent discussion of a softmod? The dumb to intelligent ratio here is staggeringly high.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krono89 said:
So, if we're talking about a softmod here, who's to say someone wouldn't be able to find a way to do away with all that "blank" space on Wii discs? I'd also like to know, where can I go to see some real intelligent discussion of a softmod? The dumb to intelligent ratio here is staggeringly high.

There is none here. Only Flaming and Arguing is in this thread. Nothing more, nothing less

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krono89 said:
I'd also like to know, where can I go to see some real intelligent discussion of a softmod? The dumb to intelligent ratio here is staggeringly high.

I'm assuming the other few members on this site that have anything worth saying are doing the same as I: ignoring this thread and everyone who remains a part of it.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Krono89 said:

I've already done that - just haven't released it as you still need the trucha bug for the disc to work and I need to finalise testing.

QUOTE11. Can 'shuffle' up the partitions to the start of the disc for where some have
been deleted - doesn't use Trucha bug.
12. Can Shrink the partition by moving the data up in the partition (meaning all
the free space then appears at the end - Uses Trucha Bug.
16. Can resize a partition.

Means, of course, you could create an iso of whatever size you want (within reason).

Icecoolwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sheesh..

Someone can code a USB 2.0 Driver, since the USB sockets do support that, we just need the drivers and then activate it through Cios.
then use a 32gb USB flash drive, they have good read speeds, and im sure when you combine it with 2.0 it would be good.

Get a 4gb Micro SD memory card, put it into a SD card adapter, make the 2gb+ drivers for the sd card, this wouldnt be sdhc, it would be standard sd. but then again, SD CARD IS TOO SLOW

Or.. just burn disks..

TBH, I would just burn the disks, but the first method would work, second, way to slow, third method is recommended.

also, You can compress ISO's, But then again that adds to the loading times.

Krono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD is not too slow. I've said this in another thread already. The Wii's disc drive reads at 6x, which is roughly 8 MegaBytes per second. SD card transfer speeds are between 10 and 20 MegaBytes per second. This is why, in the PSP scene, a lot of people prefer to rip their UMDs to their mem stick. A Pro Duo can have transfer speeds of up to 30MB/s, which is a hell of a lot faster than the UMD drive.

turtleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krono89 said:
No, you're not allowed to speculate about life on other planets unless you have a degree in Biology. Stop using broken logic warez kiddies, it's getting old. Also, it's "allowed" not "aloud." Punch your English teacher in the face for me, mm'kay?
Unless that was sarcasm, that has to be the worst counter-argument I've ever read.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm bumping this year old topic in light of bushing's new discovery.
I'd like to know if anyone thinks it could be possible to send the debug dvd command to the drive after setting the appropriate registers from ios.

Then maybe those who have a dvd drive that does bitsetting incorrectly or maybe even newer drives with the dvd-read command removed could use backups at full speed from the dvd drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse