Gaming Possbility of Nintendo Land 2?

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since I did not own a Wii U and watching videos of Nintendo Land the game looks like pure multiplayer fun, just thoughts on if and whether a sequel should be made for the Switch?

This time around there's no Wii U gamepad and I don't mind having just 10 good mini games (6 of the best from the previous installment plus 4 brand new ones) with different stages/settings for each game, character/weapons selection/customization, different modes of play for each game and most importantly online play for all of them (with leader boards and a ranking system).

Thoughts?

Rudelof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I did not own a Wii U and watching videos of Nintendo Land the game looks like pure multiplayer fun, just thoughts on if and whether a sequel should be made for the Switch?

This time around there's no Wii U gamepad and I don't mind having just 10 good mini games (6 of the best from the previous installment plus 4 brand new ones) with different stages/settings for each game, character/weapons selection/customization, different modes of play for each game and most importantly online play for all of them (with leader boards and a ranking system).

Thoughts?
Might not be as possible. Before anyone says Nintendo made a sequel to Wii Sports, that's because it was extremely popular, while Nintendo Land wasn't as popular as Wii Sports. But, who knows, they could announce a sequel at e3, but I'm not depending on it.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Most likely not.
The huge point of nintendo land was minigames that used the Gamepad. Those are just about impossible on Switch - there is no point to make a game called "nintendoland 2" and have none of Nintendoland in it.

It seems 1 2 Switch! is Switch's Nintendo land - and yes, very poor thing to match up against nintendoland - nintendoland blows 12switch out of the water even if 1 2 Switch is fine for what it is... Just shouldn't be a 50€ game.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It was a tech-demo for the WiiU, nothing more nothing less. Why do you think Nintendo never developed "Wii Sports 2"? Same reason.

Well, technically you could consider Wii Sports Resorts as "Wii Sports 2" but that's as close as it gets.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It was a tech-demo for the WiiU, nothing more nothing less. Why do you think Nintendo never developed "Wii Sports 2"? Same reason.

Well, technically you could consider Wii Sports Resorts as "Wii Sports 2" but that's as close as it gets.
yeah wii sports resort is basicaly wii sports 2 lol.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But it's not officially called "Wii Sports 2." Much like there's no "The Legend of Zelda 3" officially either, by title.
its wii sports resort, manny games dont add a 2 but other name in front of the title its very comon too.
All zelda titles are sequeles even tough they donth have a number.same way for manny cod games wich only have names and manny other ips, number does not ditate sequel words do too specialy when its the same name but something more, nintendo hardly uses numbering most of their games are name sequels, loz,mario,metroid besides prime numbering,etc.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja
S

Saiyan Lusitano

its wii sports resort, manny games dont add a 2 but other name in front of the title its very comon too.
All zelda titles are sequeles even tough they donth have a number.same way for manny cod games wich only have names and manny other ips, number does not ditate sequel words do too specialy when its the same name but something more, nintendo hardly uses numbering most of their games are name sequels, loz,mario,metroid besides prime numbering,etc.
The point is that it's just tech-demos so the OP expecting another compilation for a "Nintendo Land 2" is just daydreaming. These tech-demos started with the Wii era and now and now there's 1-2 Switch. Nothing special.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In short I want a Party game with Nintendo characters not Mii's and compilation with good games and online too, if not then I'll just live with it.

And no Mario Party 11 will not count since we all know what Mario Party is and it's been going downhill despite that fact it's got a facelift with shinny brand new HD graphics.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo Land and Wii Sports was designed to show what the consoles could do. They only made Wii Sports Resort because it sold like gold hotcakes. 1 2 Switch was basically showing the capability's of the switch.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would enjoy a Nintendoland followup for the Switch. Sure, it wouldn't be able to use any of the TV and Game pad screen combo games, but that's not all in that game.
The multiplayer games could be made to use the joy-cons in some clever ways (somewhat like 1 2 Switch), and then there are plenty of other things you can do.

Hell, let's get a few Wii Sports games in there, like Bowling and Golf. And table tennis. The joy-cons are perfect for that.
Then a more advanced / fleshed out DK crash course game. Some more Pikmin fun, and why not a more fleshed out F-Zero game. The possibilities are endless, and I genuinely think that it would be fun as hell if they just put some effort into it.

It's kinda late now though. Should've been a release title. And it should've been a cheaper game OR have a LOT of content. Nintendoland had alright content, and I got it with the deluxe Wii U, but wouldn't have bought it for full price.

But limiting it to "No, it can't be done because you don't have the two screens" is like saying "No, there can't be a follow up to Zelda on the Game Boy, it has no colors" :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs