Ports You Wanna See

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jono_, Oct 3, 2006.

Oct 3, 2006

Ports You Wanna See by jono_ at 1:23 PM (3,248 Views / 0 Likes) 46 replies

1. jono_
    OP

Member jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    SO what games do you want to see played in your hand, on two screens?

me?
    I wouldnt mind the old GTA series, GTA2 would be fun. GTA advance a lil bit of a letdown. could be done yeah? lol

2. ShadowFalls

Newcomer ShadowFalls Newbie

I think the Command & Conquer games such as the original and Red Alert would work quite well without issues. They might even be able to pull off Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. In the past they had issues with these games because of the way consoles handled it, but with the DS, it changes everything.

Still waiting for the release of Final Fantasy VI (on PSX) was known as Final Fantasy III on SNES, yes I know, they screwed up with the names [​IMG] That would be a nice DS game also.

3. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    -GTA2 running at the full speed (60 fps I think) would be absolutely awesome.

-Command and Conquer would be nice too, RA or even RA2 if they could somehow manage that. I'm sure that most people would love Starcraft as well, although I don't really care for it.

-Super Smash Brothers! With more characters/stages than the original though, and with the extra move that eveybody got in Melee.

That's pretty much all that I can remember playing back in the N64 days that could actually be done. Although, if Diddy Kong Racing is being done (with the help of Rare I believe), maybe we will get a Wi-Fi capable Perfect Dark someday?

4. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Devil's Crush Pinball!
    (my Turbo Express sucks batteries like a big dog!)

5. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know there are emulators in various states of........whatever, but I would really like official ports of some of the classic adventure games like Day of the Tentacle or any of the Leisure Suit Larry games. [​IMG]

6. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Dragon Quest series - Since S-E is milki- I mean porting and remaking the FF series to GBA, how about some Enix love and remake the old Dragon Quest. Those are begging to be remade hopefully with a better story lol. The two screens will be great for the first-person battles too. [​IMG] Slime forever!
    Chrono Trigger - Since the FF series are getting ports to GBA, this one really deserves one. I mean who doesn't love Chrono Trigger lol (well maybe I don't because of the same rabid fanboys the FF series has lol).
    Shin Megami Tensei I & II - I know there are GBA ports but, this is just begging to have the map on the touchscreen with the commands, with the "first person view" and battles at the top. Would be great if the two games are ported as one. [​IMG] Damn, add Megami Tensei and the others to that too ^o^ (yeah even Majin Tensei which imo sucks but would make use of the touch screen very nicely.)
    A shitload of SFC RPGs - These are stuff I'd never get tired of playing again, especially on two screens where menus and other data could be put on one screen. Lufia, BoF, etc. [​IMG] Proper ports of the BETTER SaGa games (Romancing SaGa) too please.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Making use of the touchscreen and maybe added scenarios and jobs. [​IMG]
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - A direct port hopefully with the cheesy voice acting intact. That and the usual DS Castlevania treatment with one screen being used for a map, etc.

7. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Warcraft 1 & 2 DS.

8. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    AGE OF EMPIRES! in REAL TIME!!! not that age of kings DS is a bad game, (it rocks) but i want REAL TIME!! shuld it be so hard? age 1 would even be great!

edit: yeah WC 2 too ^^

9. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    - Super Metroid (Nintendo, why are you torturing me? [​IMG] )
    - Nights and Panzer Dragoon (would be awesome with touch screen)
    - Castlevania SOTN (do I have to say anything?)

10. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask.
    There, someone had to say it.

11. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    OH SHI- Seconded. If SEGA has to bring anything back it has to be Nights and Panzer Dragoon. Would be perfect with the touch screen really! Damnit I want Guardian Heroes too and not that GH Advance bull lol...

12. feriol

Member feriol GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - with Wifi! Since not everyone knows 3 other people with a GBA...

Anyone remember "Abuse"? For those that don't, it's a kind of shooter/jumpnrun combo (jnr movement, while at the same time aiming/shooting with the mouse). That'd be -perfect- for the DS.

13. Brouhaha

Member Brouhaha GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Even though gbatemp isn't really the best place to reach NDS developers, it would still be very useful if links to source code were provided along with your suggestions. The reason for this is simple: no source code available, then no port is possible. Don't get me wrong, everything can be done. But without source code, it's not a port, but full blown development, which requires a lot more efforts and time.

No suggestions I've seen in this thread can be "ports", because none of them have their source code publicly available.

Here are actually possible ports though:

Shadow Warrior : Infos and SOURCE CODE
    Abuse : SDL Port and SOURCE CODE

14. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yes to both of those.

15. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    i don't mind ports but I think developers shouldn't waste their time porting games when they can stick with creating new games.

16. zone97

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Commander Keen. [​IMG]

17. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Yeah, Zelda FSA is really a great game on GCN.
    Would love to see it on NDS!
    Actually any Zelda game would be welcome as I'm not quite convinced by the stylus-controlled incoming Zelda DS game.

18. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I´d love to see Out of This World and Flashback with some kind of investigation mode using the stylus, I try Out of This World on my GBA but it was hard to see because of the dark screen [​IMG]

19. Mr Stegosaurus

Newcomer Mr Stegosaurus Newbie

United States
    I don't think Nights would be any good with touchscreen control. The physical resistance provided by the Saturn's analog stick is part of what makes it work. I think DS Nights would feel like the DS Ridge Racer: bad. Might like to see it on the Wii, though!

What I really want ported to DS is Ogre Battle (implementing touchscreen controls and using the top screen for menus and stats, like the DS Advance Wars) ... and I wouldn't mind a port of the NGPC Ogre Battle, too.

Actually, I'd rather have a new Ogre Battle.

20. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    My choice would phantasy star 4 although a new game would be insane, quite what they were thinking leaving it out of the GBA collection I do not know.
    Just for fun though I would love to see one of the might and magic series ported.

As for command and conquer I guess you guys never saw this: http://cncds_project.livejournal.com/