Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
DiscostewSM said:
TehSkull said:
People aren't getting it. The NGP can run the same code as PS3 games, but graphics will probably still need to be lowered. PS3 games won't just automagically work on the NGP with a quick copy-paste or convert to eboot.

That would imply the NGP having a Cell processor, which I doubt. Considering all the demos shown are "ports", it doesn't mean it'll run actual PS3 code. The code itself was most likely re-compiled to the NGP format.
Is that not what I said? I think you're getting your terms confused, or taking me for a simpleton. The executable itself isn't the "code" to which I was referring. I was referring to the source code of the game itself.

And not this kind of Source Code either.

A simple misunderstanding. I had "machine code" in my head when I responded. Of course with the source code, after compilation, can run on whatever device is capable, like how Capcom's MT Framework, used on the PS3/X360, can run on the 3DS, given the appropriate APIs and connections are available.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wouldn't it be awesome of you could buy a PS3 game and then play it on your NGP
tongue.gif

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maedhros said:
Eckin said:
oh man I can't wait for more rehashes
Kinda like I can't wait to play all the remakes and ports announced for 3DS.

Touché.
Man, what's wrong with you? Did his posts even mention the 3DS? Do you need to use any chance you got to attack it? Jeez calm down a little.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zeroneo said:
Maedhros said:
Eckin said:
oh man I can't wait for more rehashes
Kinda like I can't wait to play all the remakes and ports announced for 3DS.

Touché.
Man, what's wrong with you? Did his posts even mention the 3DS? Do you need to use any chance you got to attack it? Jeez calm down a little.
Yes, kinda.

I just hate these type of posts and always answer them, even if troll.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Alright porting PS3 games to a handheld system sounds like it's going to a serious pain on the battery life.
I'm wondering how they even port it in the first place.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sheaperd121 said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Alright porting PS3 games to a handheld system sounds like it's going to a serious pain on the battery life.
I'm wondering how they even port it in the first place.
Because the sdk is similar, so they can port it easily. Kinda like Capcom can port their consoles games to 3DS, because of their framework, who integrates the different sdk's.

Of course we'll see some games cross-platforming here with NGP, but I'm sure not all developers will want to develop for PS3 and NGP at same time, specially some low/medium budget games.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But here's the thing... I'd rather play these types of games on a console where they belong.

Pretty soon you'll hear people saying "NGP is nothing but ports and sports." Which for a while was also true for the original PSP.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 quality games + battery needed for gameplay = BAD BATTERY.

This is all I can think of. Unless, of course, the peoples at Sony can dish out some heavy duty batteries.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like this.
But companies will likely ruin it somehow.

Maybe when/if it gets hacked, we'll be able to develop tools to do it ourself at home. R2 and L2 can be applied to the back touch panel for instance.
I don't own a ps3/plan on getting one so hopefully it means any Final Fantasy games/remakes and KH 3 will also come to NGP as well as PS3.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
imagine games like GoW 3 and FF13 on the NGP... for those who thought the ps3 was quite expensive and now wish they had one, they might consider getting this instead
the part about it being easy points to the fact tht sony has coded the system well and integration is also swift.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SPH73 said:
But here's the thing... I'd rather play these types of games on a console where they belong.

Pretty soon you'll hear people saying "NGP is nothing but ports and sports." Which for a while was also true for the original PSP.
Yet, the same can be said for 3DS. And that's unfair, the systems are not even out yet.

I can assume you prefer playing Zelda OoT and Starfox on N64 too, right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:

But they were pretty kick ass ports. I haven't seen anyone complain about Persona 3 Portable, for instance, because it kicks so much ass up and down the street. It's also getting a pretty good looking FFIV port and War of the Lions didn't look like that bad of a port (although I've heard it has issues).

But the PSP has much more than good ports, stop trollan.

As for "port mania", I wouldn't worry too much. If they make a PS3 game that's pretty large then I doubt they'll make a NGP version. It'd just take too much time to shrink it down for physical medium form and probably too large for a downloadable title. Odds are there'll be more NGP to PS3 ports than PS3 to NGP ports.

Even if the NGP does get a lot of ports, the PSP had some really good ones so I do see them being reasonably different or improved.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:

So what if it has a lot of ports the wii has a lot of ports or remakes. If you enjoy or hate it that should be all that matters to you.
Don't hate till you try it.

Some examples of wii ports or remakes.

Bully
Counter Force
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
Diabolik: The Original Sin
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Ghost Squad
GoldenEye 007 Sort of more of a remake or reboot
Guilty Gear XX
Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack

There are a lot more but I'm not bothering anymore plus I'm pretty sure some I listed don't count.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
SPH73 said:

So what if it has a lot of ports the wii has a lot of ports or remakes. If you enjoy or hate it that should be all that matters to you.
Don't hate till you try it.

Some examples of wii ports or remakes.

Bully
Counter Force
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
Diabolik: The Original Sin
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Ghost Squad
GoldenEye 007 Sort of more of a remake or reboot
Guilty Gear XX
Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack

There are a lot more but I'm not bothering anymore plus I'm pretty sure some I listed don't count.

But that isn't really the same, as those ports/remakes come from systems from other companies, or are old games being brought back. The whole issue I see is Sony splitting up sales of these games between the PS3 and the NGP, which they both own. Most people won't pay twice for one game just to have it available at home and on the go. Anyone with multiple consoles of the current generation won't have the same game across more than one of them. Of course if a person doesn't have both, then it can be a positive tactic as the game will still sell. But then again, for a person who only has one, should those games be available on both, it gives no incentive to the consumer to go and purchase the other device if the one they have has the same games.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
But that isn't really the same, as those ports/remakes come from systems from other companies, or are old games being brought back. The whole issue I see is Sony splitting up sales of these games between the PS3 and the NGP, which they both own. Most people won't pay twice for one game just to have it available at home and on the go. Anyone with multiple consoles of the current generation won't have the same game across more than one of them. Of course if a person doesn't have both, then it can be a positive tactic as the game will still sell. But then again, for a person who only has one, should those games be available on both, it gives no incentive to the consumer to go and purchase the other device if the one they have has the same games.

"Anyone with multiple consoles of the current generation won't have the same game across more than one of them." You be surprised but then again it doesn't really matter.

It is possible companies might give it for free when you buy one version while others may charge or avoid it entirely. Valve didn't have to give you the PC version with the PS3 version of Portal 2 so maybe that gives hope some companies will sell you the PS3 version and give you the NGP version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1