Porting OpenVPN to Wii; possibly using Wii as OpenVPN router

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Nate McNeill, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Nate McNeill
    OP

Nate McNeill Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    United States
    New member here so be gentle!

I was wondering if anyone has done work in this area already? I already searched various places but came up with nada.

Would anyone be interested in turning a spare Wii into a router of sorts? I realize there are lots of routers on the market already with DDWRT, Tomato, etc. support.

Just would be nice to harness the power of a lovely little console.

2. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Why??

3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    You can buy some nice access points and/or routers that can run DD-WRT from places like Goodwill and other thrift stores for really cheap. I got a N600 Dual Band N Netgear router for $5 a few months ago and it can run DD-WRT and can run both 2.4 and 5 GHZ simultaneously.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    I got a DDWRT Netgear Router at Walmart for $19.00, it runs at 6+Ghz and has a Nice Firmware. But, if you wanted to turn a Wii into a Router well.....that's a different story.

Maybe use the LAN Adapter, and Use some sort of Homebrew to Broadcast the Connection as a Wi/Fi Access Point(Using Default Builtin Wi/Fi Adapter); And with a WEP/WEP2 key.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik, Nov 8, 2015