Porting OpenVPN to Wii; possibly using Wii as OpenVPN router

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Nate McNeill, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Nate McNeill
    OP

Nate McNeill Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    United States
    New member here so be gentle!

I was wondering if anyone has done work in this area already? I already searched various places but came up with nada.

Would anyone be interested in turning a spare Wii into a router of sorts? I realize there are lots of routers on the market already with DDWRT, Tomato, etc. support.

Just would be nice to harness the power of a lovely little console.

2. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Why??

3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    You can buy some nice access points and/or routers that can run DD-WRT from places like Goodwill and other thrift stores for really cheap. I got a N600 Dual Band N Netgear router for $5 a few months ago and it can run DD-WRT and can run both 2.4 and 5 GHZ simultaneously.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | Trap

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    I got a DDWRT Netgear Router at Walmart for $19.00, it runs at 6+Ghz and has a Nice Firmware. But, if you wanted to turn a Wii into a Router well.....that's a different story.

Maybe use the LAN Adapter, and Use some sort of Homebrew to Broadcast the Connection as a Wi/Fi Access Point(Using Default Builtin Wi/Fi Adapter); And with a WEP/WEP2 key.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik, Nov 8, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice