Hacking Porting DS homebrew to 3DS?

MikeBeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd probably imagne a fair bit of work, from what I understand, Ninjhax allows access to ARM 11, guessing that to get the 3DS into DS Emulation mode, you would need access to both cores, someone with more knowledge may tell me I am wrong, but am pretty sure that you would need full system access to enable DS mode .

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd probably imagne a fair bit of work, from what I understand, Ninjhax allows access to ARM 11, guessing that to get the 3DS into DS Emulation mode, you would need access to both cores, someone with more knowledge may tell me I am wrong, but am pretty sure that you would need full system access to enable DS mode .
I don't want to emulate it, I want to port it to 3DS mode natively.

Reactions: Margen67

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should probably be fairly easy provided it doesn't use any kind of JIT. Considering we have projects like GameYOB whcih started out as DS homebrew etc. Both DS and 3DS homebrew use devkitpro. The problem might be depending on how much DS-specific GFX code there is in there since the GPUs are wildly different.

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Should probably be fairly easy provided it doesn't use any kind of JIT. Considering we have projects like GameYOB whcih started out as DS homebrew etc. Both DS and 3DS homebrew use devkitpro. The problem might be depending on how much DS-specific GFX code there is in there since the GPUs are wildly different.
I'm not sure but I think it's entirely software-rendered.

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do I need to replace file system related code to use a new library, or should I leave it using libogc?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is Quake 2 DS portable? I ask because it one was one the few homebrew that not so many people could use because it relies on the Slot-2 RAM expansion thus is limited to the original DS/DS Lite owners who have the expansion. No way to play it on a DSi/DSi XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)