Gaming Portal: Still Alive or Orange Box?

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now obviously the Orange box has more value being at 30 dollars with more games but really the only game i want to play is portal and maybe team fortress. I dont really find Half-Life interesting is it really good?
The Still Alive would be 15 dollars and the Orange Box would be 30. What do you guys think? BTW this would be my first game(s) for the 360

Jarjaxle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well if you have a good computer get team fortress 2 on there. portal still alive is better then the one in orange box because it has more levels. the problem with team fortress 2 on the 360 not that many people playing and map selection is very low.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Jarjaxle said:
well if you have a good computer get team fortress 2 on there. portal still alive is better then the one in orange box because it has more levels. the problem with team fortress 2 on the 360 not that many people playing and map selection is very low.
TF2 doesnt need that good of a computer, atleast not graphics wise. I run it well with a geforce 5200.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
apb407 said:
Now obviously the Orange box has more value being at 30 dollars with more games but really the only game i want to play is portal and maybe team fortress. I dont really find Half-Life interesting is it really good?
The Still Alive would be 15 dollars and the Orange Box would be 30. What do you guys think? BTW this would be my first game(s) for the 360

Just get the Orange Box for PC, it's way much better and on PC than Xbox in my opinion. Also there are a variety of mods available to those games on PC, ie gmod. Half-Life is a great FPS and has won game of the year heaps, basically is one of the best FPS's in gaming history. Seeing as it is your first game I would get something else than that such as.. well... Halo?
Also not being a nerd or anything... but people forget that Portal is really Portal 2, no one remembers Portal 1.6 D:!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Orange Box.. don't even think twice..
tongue.gif

only think you should get it for the PC instead of the 360 (where you can play the Still Alive maps and get TF2 updates for free).

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Orange Box. If you don't think you'll like Half Life, think again. I had never played Half Life until I got the Orange Box, but it is now my second favorite shooter ever (Was my first favourite, but then I played BioShock)

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh i see so its not worth it for the 360 well then do you guys have any suggestions for a first game? I really dont have much money after shelling out to get a 360 so 50 is sorta my limit. I saw Bioshock for 35 and then i save the orange box for 30 i mean i guess i could spend money on a full price game but it has to be a really good game and it would probably be for COD world at war because almost everybody at my school plays COD 4 so i am pretty sure alot would play COD World at War. Gears 2 is another option but i havent played Gears 1 so i dunno

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
apb407 said:

Yes. It's friggin awesome.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
apb407 said:
oh i see so its not worth it for the 360 well then do you guys have any suggestions for a first game? I really dont have much money after shelling out to get a 360 so 50 is sorta my limit. I saw Bioshock for 35 and then i save the orange box for 30 i mean i guess i could spend money on a full price game but it has to be a really good game and it would probably be for COD world at war because almost everybody at my school plays COD 4 so i am pretty sure alot would play COD World at War. Gears 2 is another option but i havent played Gears 1 so i dunno

Fable 2, Gears of War, Bioshock..

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
apb407 said:

Gears is a good game but the main difference between it and COD is that COD is a 1st person shooter, and Gears is a 1st person shooter.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
....you mean gears is 3rd person right? I sort of want a shooter because i was deprived of shooters on my wii so im not really up for rpgs like Fallout, Fable, Oblivion mabye ill get them later. So nobody thinks just Downloading Portal Still Alive is a good idea?

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
apb407 said:
....you mean gears is 3rd person right? I sort of want a shooter because i was deprived of shooters on my wii so im not really up for rpgs like Fallout, Fable, Oblivion mabye ill get them later. So nobody thinks just Downloading Portal Still Alive is a good idea?

No I think you are better off getting the Orange Box for PC and getting COD or Halo for Xbox

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orange box has portal just not the bonus challenge maps
not work buying still alive just for that

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Portal is just the right length on Orange Box, imho. Any more levels and I think I would've gotten sick of playing it.

Half-Life 2 with all the episodes makes for an incredible adventure - it should be in any gamers library.

TF2 is also a great game - I love it even though I hate team based multiplayer games.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they should release orange box 2

HL1 s - HL blue shift - HL oposing force - HL deathmatch - counter strike source - team fortress 1

to play the classics
smile.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't recommend Fable 2 until all the bugs are sorted out.
Annoying minor glitches, gold AND experience exploits if you choose to use them, achievements glitches, game breaking serious glitches, (almost) forcing you to buy Fable 2 Pub Games if you're a completionist...

Fable 2 as the first game can give 360 a bad image.

A good game, I'm aiming for 1000/1000 and going to get the Pub Games too, but I'm not gonna take back the comment I wrote above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.