Portable VNC, TightVNC and Yo...erm... Me. HELP!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by WildWon, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I want to VNC my personal 'puter. And i'd like to use my PSP to control said system. I found pages (all over the place, no direct links right now) & Tutorials, and have followed many of them, but for some reason, i cannot connect via my PSP.

I've managed to get to the screen of creating a new host connection, after i've connected to my "Home PC" connection (setup through the psp's firmware to connect directly to my PC). When i set up the connection (using the IP address that pops up above the TightVNC taskbar icon when hovering the mouse above, and through "ipconfig /all" to get the rest of the needed info), i try to connect to that new host, and i get: "Error -1 / 111" (or maybe 111 / -1, i don't remember and i'm at work so i can't check). Everything i've been reading states that this error is caused by an incorrect IP address being used... but i'm using the address of my computer (found through checking various resources... TightVNC, accessing the router & checking attached devices, and also with the "ipconfig /all").

Now, i also have an odd occurrence on the PC when it tries to connect. I get the little Exclamation Point In A Yellow Warning Triangle in my task bar, but when i try to see what its referencing (either left- or right-click), it disappears w/out ANY information.

The only firewall set up is that of the router, and i've already tried changing the ports (in TightVNC, in the port forwarding section, and on the PSP), and i get the same error.

Anyone have any luck with this? Please help!!

[​IMG]

2. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    All I can say is I tried several times myself and never got anywhere. Would be nice if someone was indeed able to shed some light on this.

3. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    NOTE! - Some people are having problem creating a HOST cause they EXTRACTED the ZIP in a wrong way... If this happened to you then your main PVNC folder (not the % one) will have no HOSTS folder! To fix this you can try to extract again or just create a folder named HOSTS on you main PVNC folder. Now you should be able to create a host.

4. WildWon
    OP

United States
    I haven't tried this yet (i will be soon), but the thought popped into my head- Hosts seem to save alright. I mean, i create a host, it doesn't connect, i shut down PVNC, restart it, and the host i created is still there. Could that still be an option (having to create a host folder, i mean)?

5. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Half bump, half update. I really need some help on this.

I've been messing around with settings in PVNC (on the PSP), and now i've gotten it to a closer-to-fixed error message. I can get all the way to the point where the PSP wants to connect to TightVNC, but the error message pops up "Not a valid VNC server." So no more mysterious error codes. That ONLY happens when i (assume?) i have the settings right, and it actually makes contact with TightVNC (and RealVNC, another VNC server i tried... i THINK its RealVNC. Can't remember right now).

However, i DID test TightVNC ala another computer in the house, and VNC on my system is definitely working... it just looks like PVNC is giving my problems.

Any thoughts? PLEEEEASE?!