Hardware Portable HDMI Adapter

fablebytes

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got one which looks identical to what you listed. I've stopped using it for the fear of it potentially bricking the Switch. Upon reading up on Switch docks, the only one which is guaranteed to not brick your Switch is Nintendo's own.

Reactions: scroeffie and asnka

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I will go for an original dock set.
There are many of them available for just a little bit more cash than these cheap adapters + power supply.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=91&v=elOqMKln_WI

Been around for about 5 months or so about 5.0.0 firmware bricking system that used third-party dock, has to do with the way Nintendo coded the 5.0.0 firmware, throwing unit that used third party dock in a boot loop.
This does not prove that the 5.0 caused the brick.. all this proves that the nyko dock bricked the system...
I wanted hard proof that its down to the 5.0 update, like someone who has looked into the code of the update 5.0 and said yep this is why... Hence why i asked you has it been proven when you mentioned it was the 5.0 system update code that causes brick.....
But thanks for the reply

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nyko was causing bricks quite before the FW 5.0... But after FW5.0 the failure rate on the subject increased a lot leading everyone to think there's something in the FW 5.0 that did it, no idea...

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This does not prove that the 5.0 caused the brick.. all this proves that the nyko dock bricked the system...
I wanted hard proof that its down to the 5.0 update, like someone who has looked into the code of the update 5.0 and said yep this is why... Hence why i asked you has it been proven when you mentioned it was the 5.0 system update code that causes brick.....
But thanks for the reply
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._on_third-party_docks_bricking_switch_systems

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I will go for an original dock set.
There are many of them available for just a little bit more cash than these cheap adapters + power supply.

Only second hand.

Brand new, at least where I live, new docks seem to be hard to come by and 'new' docks on Amazon are currently over £100.

I ended up buying a second switch in part because it wasn't that much more once you include all the accessories that come with it, although this was at a discount.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure. But there's no reason to not go for them.
I got one which is just 2 months old with full warranty.

Out of curiosity where is this?

The only official ones I've seen for "a little bit more" (compared to the OP) didn't seem to have a "full" warranty, nor the charger and HDMI cable now that I look again.

Closest is near RRP.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Take a look at eBay. But I got mine at "eBay Kleinanzeigen" (classifieds), don't know if there's a market for the UK.
I paid 45 € (40 GBP).

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.