Gaming Port/remake gamecube games to the 3DS?

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been thinking: The New 3DS buttons, in Japan, resemble a Super Famicom controller. But the buttons added? More Like Gamecube.
And then it snapped into my head.
Since Xenoblade Chronicles, from what I've read is a Wii game, is being ported to NN3DS, (watered-down) Wii ports are apparently possible. So, if Xenoblade, a Wii title, can be ported, why not Gamecube games? The little c-stick nipple, the a b x y buttons, joystick, shoulder keys, zR (z) and D-pad complete the gamecube layout, and with all the portable gamecubes out there, gamecube ports to NN3DS seem totally possible, in my eyes. Imagine, playing an inhanced port of Animal Crossing ('02) on NN3DS... seems possible, right? I don't know, I personally feel it'd be possible, maybe even able as to go as far as onto normal 3DS. What do you guys think?

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
There is already a good AC for 3DS. No need of another lifesim for lowlife.

Pip'
Yeah, but I can totally see Nintendo shoving more 1st-party games in our faces, so a port like that would make sense. Better than New Super Mario Bros. World Deluxe All-Stars Wii 3D U 64 Sunshine. But I'm not saying a second Animal Crossing would be better than, say, Pikmin 3D.

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the main reason why Gamecube games isn't being ported is that the graphic on many of the games look dated now. A direct port wouldn't do them justice, instead remaking them from the ground up is probably the better way to go.

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
I think the main reason why Gamecube games isn't being ported is that the graphic on many of the games look dated now. A direct port wouldn't do them justice, instead remaking them from the ground up is probably the better way to go.
I agree, a rebuild would be better. Not only could graphics use a boost (polygons and sprites), incorporation for the touch screen, select and the other z button would be nice, and some features such as GBA connection could be reworked, mic and camera could be added, 3D optical illusions like in SM3DL could be added... there's a whole slew of stuff that could be incorporated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.