Port forwarding

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Digeman, May 30, 2007.

May 30, 2007

Port forwarding by Digeman at 8:15 PM (722 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Hey guys/girls! Well I've been downloading some shizl now for some time and my friend told me to port forward or whatever it was called since it would help me with uploading. So anyways he what he told me to do was first to go to my routers website thingy and log in (I've got D-Link, DI-524) and then go to advanced then application. There I write first the name "BT", then i write as trigger port the same port i use with my bittorent program "50214", after that i was supposed to write on public ports and he told me go to run and write "CMD" and after that "ipconfig". when that was done i would see an ip thingy saying 192.168.0.xxx. And when i've written that i set the trigger type and public type to "Both". After that he said it was a go and that i should press apply which i did...but then i noticed something weird...the name (BT) and trigger number (50214) are there but not the public port....which makes me wonder if i'm doing something wrong and if i'm waaay of base. If anyone has any knowledge of this and portforwarding please do tell how i should proceed. Thanks for taking your time and reading this ^^

2. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    public port is what it your wan uses

3. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    And what's that?xD I really don't know anything at all about these things i just did what the guy told me to do...how do i figure out my wan uses?

4. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates