POR works on the M3 Simply...kinda!!!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by footballer62, Jan 9, 2007.

Jan 9, 2007
  1. footballer62
    OP

Newcomer footballer62 Member

United States
    ok, I got my m3 simply today (thanks realhotstuff for the speedy service!!!), and first thing I tried was portrait of ruin. For starters I have a Sandisk 1 gig card (not the ultra II version btw)

I tried to freeze the game, and actually did lock it up in a few ways, BUT I did learn somethings in doing so (NOTE:this works for both the trimmed and untrimmed (just copy and pasted) roms.

You can play Portrait of Ruin flawlessly (as tested so far) if you do the following:

1)when you enter into a warp stone room, let the stone completely raise, and start doing its glowing thing BEFORE you hit up. If you hit up before it is raised and glowing, you will lock the game up ALWAYS. This only takes about half a second to let it raise, and will enable you to use the warp stone any time you want! I tried this many times, and warped all over the castle, and it was really cool.

2) when talking to wind, I just walked into the room, and talked to him, no crashes. I was able to freeze the game with wind by running back and forth from save room to wind room repeatedly, but if you just walk in, wait a sec and let him appear, talk to him, and walk out, you should have no problem with him either (I havent yet as I also tested talking to him repeatedly)

MORAL OF THE STORY: Let everything load before you mess around with the game!

If you are depressed about the m3 simply not being able to run POR, I can say it will, as long as you do this

*NOTE: This is only my experience with the simply, and I will begin to test these statements extremely over the next few days and report back if they in any way change, or if I do find a freeze in another part of the game. I am not saying these will work for everyone, they just have for me, so dont flame me if they do not work for you!

2. footballer62
    OP

United States
    meh, it still freezes, but keeping these those things in mind keeps the freezedom down really low

3. krdvmus

Newcomer krdvmus Advanced Member

United States
    I'm sure that it's not the M3 simply but your micro SD that causes the freezing problem.

4. footballer62
    OP

United States
    oh, it is, I'm just stating that I have about a 95% success with warp tombs, same with wind room, and the game has only randomly locked up on me about 3-4 times now. This game is pretty darn playable now, so I would recomend the m3 simply to anyone if you can get your hands on it!

btw, recomend is miss spelled, I am to sleepy to give a hoot now though!

5. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    just got my m3 simply from realhotstuff. PoR froze in the beginning with that monster following me because he pushed me to the next room. if i jump over him so he can pass, then goto the next room, it wont freeze. didnt know it would freeze THAT easily..

using a taiwan kingston 1gb

6. krdvmus

Newcomer krdvmus Advanced Member

United States
    Actually I'd had experienced the same thing on my Apacer 1G.

Using Kingston 1G (made in Japan), freezing doesn't happen at all when playing the game. [​IMG]

So, here's another proof that Kingston 1G (Taiwan) is NOT going well with M3 simply(and likely R4 either), showing its inferior compatibility to Kingston 1G (Japan).