PoP Forgotten Sands development diary shows off Wii version

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Satangel, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium

Looks like a good game gameplay wise, but I do think the graphics are a bit too mediocre.
    If they polish that up a bit, this really can be a terrific game.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    My only big concern is the motion controls. If they just went with simple button controls and used the point for Sand Powers I would've been satisfied. Motion controls in these types of games rarely work well.

The graphics look good, personally.

I hope the end game comes out well, Prince of Persia is a series that shouldn't go into the realm of mediocrity. If it should die it should be sudden and through lack of games, not through continually shitty games.

3. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    I agree.

I am a bit worried about this game. I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those games that look neat as a bystander, but ends up sucking once you dig in.

4. blackdragonbaham

Member blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    graphics look great, game technics as interesting as always, looks like they made improvements,
    i feared that the wii version will come along with that ugly ubisoft standart look.

5. klein

Member klein GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Please don't tell me I have to do waggle or draw lines for the acrobatics.

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i am bit worried they havent said anything for the DS... it may just turn out to be a "for the heck of it" (the ds one)
    the DS seems to be the forgotten one... this looks very nice more like PoP TT with newer ideas (which was a great game)
    it seems like the controls may be an issue cuz although the features are great but will it be difficult to play it (like PES 2010 which is a great game but difficult for starters)
    i would love to play it

7. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    if it look like that for real , then that pretty neat!!! [​IMG] Hope it turns out good...

8. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I like the one-on-one battle-system of PoP08 way more then the one of the original SoT-Trilogy so I`m a little disappointed, that they made this decision... It wasn`t bad back than but I just liked the new one more.

Other than that the game looks great and I really welcome it, that they made the game harder then PoP08 and that you need to be accurate again with the acrobatic moves (PoP08 was still an amazing game though!).

I`m gonna play it on Wii and PC... So I`m gonna play two new PoP games [​IMG] Good times!