ROM Hack Pookemon Hack Idea

houseonfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest ROM in Pokemon time is Platinum i believe.
In one of the older versions of pokemon, you could play through the one country, and then go to the country from the game before.

Would it be possible to someone to modify Platinum to add in the old regions (in order)?
This would include stuff like the team rocket illegal acts, and events, ect. All while keeping your pokemon you caught from the previous region.

Is this a good idea? Is it an easy idea to implement?

I don't think graphics would be much of a problem considering the remakes that have been released, and I really don't think people would care if the graphics changed from region to region anyway

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone has already suggested this, but still. Maybe possible, but an utter mare to do. Also, when you get to the different regions, you would either have to leave all your pokemon behind, or something, as otherwise, the game would be kinda pointless, as you would pwn everything, as your pokemon would kickass.

houseonfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that would be there choice. Personally, I would start up a new team because, as you said they would pwn everything.
I just want more out of the game, and I think adding regions would do this. Allowing us to do new teams, explore breeding and contests, and everything that is kind of looked over on the first pass over the game.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
considering how fucking hard it is to work with the new 3D graphics of 4th gen, this will never be realized.
it would take virtually years to map, script and code all that
easier to make the entire game from scratch

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Heart Gold and Soul Silver contain everything you want.

You heard it here first children, thats right, HG/SS contains 2 regions. Thats right, 2, count em, 2!!!

As Overlord Nadrian stated, HG/SS contain 2 regions and will be released in USA in 2 days.

IceRentoraa29

Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a Pookemon?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free