(Poll) Would you still purchase an english localized MHXX even though World is announced?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by whateverg1012, Jun 15, 2017.

1. whateverg1012
    OP

whateverg1012 Fringe Weaver

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Valhalla
  2. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Still yet to play a single Monster Hunter game :rofl2:

CallmeBerto and whateverg1012 like this.
  3. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Custom Title

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Western Australia
    I can't get into MH despite playing 4U and Generations for a few hours, hopefully World can get me hooked in.

whateverg1012 likes this.
  4. Coder_Oak

Coder_Oak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2017
    United States
    You should give it a try! It's a little rough to get started, but if you last long enough to hunt your first big monster and enjoy it, you'll be hooked for a LONG time! :D

5. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Where should I jump in? I got a 3DS and I'm planning on buying a Switch soon. I also have a Wii U. I know there's that new Monster Hunter game comin' to PS4.

6. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Yup, i'd still get it, I HAVE to play every game in the series before I move on to the next

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    You're missing absolutely nothing. It has always been really bad. I have no idea how it ever got the fanbase it has.
    Gameplay is all the series really has, and yet the gameplay is awful and astonishingly easy.

If you want a game that takes the Monster Hunter formula but does it right, you'll need a vita/PSTV and get Soul Sacrifice Delta. Now THAT is a great game.

8. Coder_Oak

Coder_Oak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2017
    United States
    If you're comfortable playing on a 3DS, then MH4U is a good starting point. It's packed full of content and is probably the easiest to get into (but still difficult!). If you'd rather play on a big screen then go for MH3U on the Wii U, but it's older and has the dreaded underwater combat. Either way, try to persuade a friend start playing too, as it's a lot more fun and you can group up together to take on the harder guild quest missions that are meant for multiple people. The game has a nice mix of solo and group quests to do as you increase your rank. If you find the game overwhelming check out some tutorials on youtube from Gaijin Hunter or Arekkz.

HaloEliteLegend likes this.
  9. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Ooooh, thanks!

10. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I played MH3U on WiiU and didn't really like it so I wouldn't buy it though there are plenty who would.

HaloEliteLegend likes this.
  11. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Who the fuck is gonna buy World

12. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It's coming out for PS4, PC and XO so there will be plenty who will.

13. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Oh shoot, the new Monster Hunter is coming to PC? Hey, maybe I'll try that as my first MH instead! Don't own a PS4 or XO so this is happy news ^_^

Oh, but I don't know much about the game. Is it a proper MH game or am MMO-like thing? "World" usually doesn't signal a sequel. Man, I'm completely out of this loop xD

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend, Jun 18, 2017
  14. ItsMetaKnight

ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2008
    Not an English localized one but a German localized one, yes. For Nintendo Switch.

15. tiduscrying

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    I would have bought XX for switch day one in a heartbeat. I put a bunch of hours into 4U on my N3DSXL and tried to get into Generations, but once I started getting into the groove of things, XX was announced in Japan so I dropped it in hopes of it coming over. But then when it was announced for the switch I got super pumped, especially considering how good it looks compared to the 3DS version.

World looks neat, but I am on the side of the fence that fears it will be more streamlined and kinda butchered in order to appeal to more people who have never played the games before. Plus, some of the stuff I've seen and read about World just isn't too appealing to me personally. Not to mention that I've only played MH games on portables, so getting World for my PS4 would just be silly to me since am used to being able to play the game on the go and junk.