Homebrew Poll: Would you pay for a no$sns port?

Would you pay/donate for a no$sns port?

• Yes, the DS needs proper SNES emulation

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No, I'm not interested in SNES emulation

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi fellow tempers :)

as you perhaps already read, the genius Martin Korth is back. He was the one who coded the famous no$gba emulator back in the day all by himself. Even if no$gba was not updates since years, it's still a very awesome emulator. Now Martin coded an SNES emulator for PC completly in assembler, which he calls no$sns.

Now I don't know how you feel, but I'm sick of SNES emulators for DS not working properly. As I said in the other thread I'm comfortable that Martin can make a DS port of no$sns, that would teach SNEmulDS and NDSSFC a lesson.

That's why I have wrote Martin an email asking if he has any plans to do this. Now this poll is aimed for him as information on how many people would pay for a DS port. A dream would come true if no$sns would get ported to the DS, that's why I am willing to pay. So please vote and lets hope :)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You mean he needs to write an DS version completly from scratch?
Not completely from scratch, as the current version's design and such could be copied... but yes it would pretty much have to be re-done by hand. Assembly is not portable to other architectures. This is, for example, why ZSNES is not ported to a bunch of other platforms (assembly used all throughout) while SNES9x is (C++, portable).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would not pay for a port of the emulator and I am interested in SNES emulation should be an option.

That said, the DS is not exactly the best machine to even attempt proper SNES emulation. It's simply not resourceful enough. Have you seen how "great" it fares with GBA emulation without a DSTwo? Yeah. The SNES wouldn't look very different from that, even when done super-efficiently.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
We're a site that chronicles information about illegal game dumps that are distributed online, which many individuals that use this site have voiced a very open interest in obtaining. We have large sub-forums dedicated to Wii hacking and DS hacking, used for illegal purposes a large percentage of the time (see: every game loader issue thread for Wii, every kernel/game issue thread for the DS). We help each other to some degree to obtain copyrighted content, and openly discuss our finds.

I mean, really, when looking at this community, how many buy a flash cart and then don't pirate? How many have hacked their Wii, then legitimately bought every game?
Within this community, at least, the numbers will be small.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
agreed... except, how is this a more pirate oriented community? it's not like we're hosting ROMs and stuff, like some sites.
This site doesn't host ROMs for legal reasons. From the history of GBAtemp article on the wiki and what older members say, it used to though.

And like ND pointed out, this site is a treasurew trove of information on ROM/ISO dumps, releases, and the tools used to play them. Last I checked AKAIO didn't update every month just for homebrew. :P

GRIM.657

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd pay around 5$ for a FULLY FUNCTIONAL snes emulator.
though tbh, if this martin guy wanted to help out with SNemulDS that kinda seems like it would be a better route, 4 or 5 programmers are better than one.

I have so much respect for those who give their free time to help with this shit. I've done minor work on open software but this takes some real dedication. keep on keepin it classy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s