Gaming [Poll] Will you buy a Z Ring for Pokémon Sun and Moon?

Will You Buy a Z Ring

• Yes

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Id never waste my money

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I have to have it!

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple question, and explain why if you want.

I will probably buy one deciding whether or not. To me it depends on if we have Mega Evolution. I kinda want one even if i am an adult haha

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
http://m.gamestop.com/browse/_/N-0?Ns=variant.UnitsSold|1&Ntt=pokemon+z+ring&Ntk=WildcardTitleKeyword

The way i take it. The only way to do Z attacks. Buy the ring. Then packs with different z attacks
how does it connect to the game? does the cartridges got a bluethoot module or the device has a mic that listens to 3ds...

the device looks so ugly, bulky and just stupid..
i know companies tried to sell smart watches as a new trend, but come on.. we already got the pokemon go thingy.. why do we need yet another bracelet

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, because while I ultimately liked Y (more than AS and way more than gen 5), the Pokemon series is so milked I'll try before buying, if you know what I mean, the entire game before spending anything on it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how does it connect to the game? does the cartridges got a bluethoot module or the device has a mic that listens to 3ds...
This. I'm quite interested in how they're pulling it. Definitely doesn't work like an Amiibo, since those are NFC and it'd be outside its max range...

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
http://m.gamestop.com/browse/_/N-0?Ns=variant.UnitsSold|1&Ntt=pokemon+z+ring&Ntk=WildcardTitleKeyword

The way i take it. The only way to do Z attacks. Buy the ring. Then packs with different z attacks

Please don't spread nonsense. Even though it's the way you take it, others will too based on this. This will only result in people getting angry at nothing.

The physical Z-Ring is NOT required to use Z-Moves in the games. It's just a kid's toy that lights up and does some sound effects when receiving information that a Z-Move is used on your 3DS system...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Perhaps Sun and Moon have some sort of wireless chip in the cartridges. Then again, you can't do this for the eShop versions. So it has to be a wireless chip in a z-ring that connects to the 3DS.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Wish Nintendo had incorporated a simpler idea of this when the 3DS first launched. Make a simpler more age-neutral looking wristband that syncs with your 3DS for any an all games, and then when the game would have any kind of force feedback/rumble, it would vibrate your bracelet (or bracelets if you put one on each wrist). Its a shame that the DS/lite were capable of rumble for games that utilized the GBA port for the rumble expansion, or even certain gameboy color games (like Pokemon pinball) that were physically larger and had built in rumbler. Yet here we are with the 3DS and not a single instance of rumble until now with the Z-Ring, but they're only for the new Pokemon games, it seems like if something like this can be done with one game, it likely could have been done for any and all 3DS games if they wanted to, and by doing it the bracelet way, you avoid any extra bulk and weight within the actual 3DS, so I do think it is a good idea overall. It's just that the Z-Rings look too kiddie, and they're restricted to the 7th gen of Pokemon, it'd have been nice to look like a simple bracelet that anyone would be ok with wearing, and it could work with much more games.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a REAL kids toy made with cheap plastic

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

reminds me those power ranger toy:ph34r:

Reactions: migles

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't spread nonsense. Even though it's the way you take it, others will too based on this. This will only result in people getting angry at nothing.

The physical Z-Ring is NOT required to use Z-Moves in the games. It's just a kid's toy that lights up and does some sound effects when receiving information that a Z-Move is used on your 3DS system...

Man I was wondering about this because I never got this info from a reliable site, like Serebii, that you need some plastic toy thing to activate Z-moves in the games. Good, that would be really stupid otherwise, even so, Smogon and other tier makers would probably ban Z-moves.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

" When an Electric-type Z-CRYSTAL is inserted into the Z-RING, this exciting interactive feature enables players to feel the Electric-type Z-MOVE at the same time as it appears in the video game! "

As Axido says, it just vibrates when you use the same type z-move in-game. The game doesn't get data from the z-ring.

D

Deleted User

This. I'm quite interested in how they're pulling it. Definitely doesn't work like an Amiibo, since those are NFC and it'd be outside its max range...
Do you think it might be possible it'd be IR? That was the first thing I thought of, but I don't know how feasible that would be.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Probably connects the same way as the NFC Reader connects on the o3ds
Do you think it might be possible it'd be IR? That was the first thing I thought of, but I don't know how feasible that would be.
that will not happen. unless it has an accessory that connects to IR and converts it to radio...
nfc reader uses IR (a infrared light, just like your tv remote) it needs to be pointed directly... so you would need to have your arm behind your console...

but now that i think about it, maybe yes, maybe there is a part that sits in the back of the console close to the IR like the circle pad pro... but in the pictures there isn't anything attached to the console.. but who can trust stock promotional images, right?

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water